Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
38 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 37

Doom369, more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +5€

Current balance: -65€
(last updated 10/2019)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 40 users playing Freelancer on 41 servers.
November. 16, 2019

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

« 1 (2)

Re: Haven Admins hacked?
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Must admit, I thought that was just the excuse and the real reason is communities without website would... go to another one.

One in particular

Posted on: 2008/7/30 15:12
Just can't stay away
From Upper Midwest, USA
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Quote:

It's HIGHLY unlikely that this was done by someone known... it's just not how these particular defacements occur ffs... trust me! Additionally, the modus operandi matches typical hackers of these types of forum/portal/cms systems - and not the previously utilised methods known folks have used. The language, the music, the claims made.
{Snip}

Your prolly right Chips, it was just one of those deep down disgusted gut twitches I got when I saw Haven Admins was defaced. Felt a a great deal like the ones from a few months back at that former site of fond Freelancer memories. I almost thought there was something similar when the lamer was trying the DoS attacks here, but that just didn't have the right feel to it.

Anyway, that would be giving too much credit to someone trying to shift the blame. For these guys that is as pointless as a teenage "Gang Tagger" invading a rivals turf, then spraying a third street gangs colors on the wall.

Posted on: 2008/7/31 5:41
Grey-Wolf can be found Prowling WTS-WORLD
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I sent an email to talonstrike and to dazzla hoping to wake them up to the situation. Hopefully one of them will act on it.

Posted on: 2008/8/1 21:10
Gun control is like fighting drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to buy a car...
Anonymous
Anonymous-Anonymous
If they don't act on it, just proves how dead that place has become, why i left it ages ago

Posted on: 2008/8/2 9:18
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Well, it's not that they didn't want to act on it. It's that it seems very few people there, including myself, know anything about actually setting up the site, and even less about how to fix the hack. Dazzla didn't want to lose the database and was looking for someone who could figure out the problem and restore the site without having to start fresh.

Also, it seems that talonstrike has dropped out of communication and no one knew how to access the actual database and files.

At any rate, HA was fixed yesterday by BullDogg (thanks BD) and is back up for those who are interested.

Robo

Posted on: 2008/9/3 14:38
Gun control is like fighting drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to buy a car...
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Hi there haven here just noticed that you posted about havenadmins being hacked when i ran that site it was the forfront of updates as most of you will know but since my departure it went down hill shame really as it was well used well presented and did what it said it would and that was support admins in every way possible all admins worked together from many other servers helping each other fix sort repair any issues we had even behind the scenes was busy like sharing banned ips from the players who like to try to cheat we was always one step infront of them as you are doind now so i say to you guys keep up the good work and dont let things get you down i wished i never stopped freelancer or the admin site but life went on as it does for you take care Dazzla99 HavenAdmin

Posted on: 2015/11/17 19:31
Just can't stay away
From Trade Lane Watching
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Hiyas, How ya been? Good to hear from ya again. I saw this announcement and thought, 'Wtf? It's back now?' lol

Yeah, they try to take up where HA left off.

Take care.

Posted on: 2015/11/23 13:48
Open in new window
Freelancer, 16 years old and still playing the game.

Is Juni here?
« 1 (2)