Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
263 user(s) are online (184 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 263

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +0€

Current balance: 55€
(last updated 04/2021)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 50 users playing Freelancer on 38 servers.
December. 5, 2022

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



 Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

« 1 2 (3)


Re: Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers mod wanted

Joined:
2014/9/28 23:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 30
Offline
Quote:

HunterKiller wrote:
In real life, the Yamato was almost sunk in real life battle.


Actually it was sunk in real-life battle. Multiple aircraft from United States Navy carriers took it down - but it took over one hundred bombs and unguided torpedoes to do it. Even in reality she was one tough super-battleship.

Both the original Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers anime and 2199, actually show the Yamato on the sea floor.

In the OG series, it was the actual Yamato's hull that got turned into a Space Battleship, because when the series was made (1970s) they didn't know that the Yamato broke in two when she went down.

In the 2199 reboot, they are more accurate about this. They merely used the sunken Yamato's hull pieces as camouflage while they were building the new ship, and the new Space Battleship was based on the shape of the old seagoing battleship.

As a side note, yes I am a bit of an SBY fan. I know a lot about the series.
I'm also a military historian with a focus on Cold War items. I'm an amateur of course but I know a lot about the military and especially the US Navy.

Posted on: 4/15 0:14
Top
Re: Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers mod wanted
Not too shy to talk
Joined:
2017/3/1 17:22
From Bavaria
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Posts: 91
Offline
My work on this is done.
The sur is not perfect, but I think this is caused by Schmackbolzens converter.
But it works well enough.

This mod was so unfinished that EA tried to publish it.
But then again, Freelancer modding has come a long way since 2005.


  1. Extract the yamatoshipmod.zip to the FLMM Mods directory

  2. Start FLMM

  3. Deactivate the old mod

  4. Activate the new mod

  5. Maybe copy the existing single player saves

  6. Load a save before you bought the ship if possible

  7. Buy the ship again

  8. ???

  9. Profit



I hope everything works out for you.

Fun fact: Today marks the third anniversary of my visit to the yamato museum in Kure.

Attach file:


zip yamatoshipmod.zip Size: 944.50 KB; Hits: 50
zip yamato_source.zip Size: 130.94 KB; Hits: 41

Posted on: 4/20 21:45
FL Leuchtfeuer
The proclamation of absolute truths is always a business model.
Top
Re: Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers mod wanted

Joined:
2014/9/28 23:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 30
Offline
Quote:

Cpt_Rei_Fukai wrote:
My work on this is done.
The sur is not perfect, but I think this is caused by Schmackbolzens converter.
But it works well enough.

This mod was so unfinished that EA tried to publish it.
But then again, Freelancer modding has come a long way since 2005.


  1. Extract the yamatoshipmod.zip to the FLMM Mods directory

  2. Start FLMM

  3. Deactivate the old mod

  4. Activate the new mod

  5. Maybe copy the existing single player saves

  6. Load a save before you bought the ship if possible

  7. Buy the ship again

  8. ???

  9. Profit



I hope everything works out for you.

Fun fact: Today marks the third anniversary of my visit to the yamato museum in Kure.


Thank you! I'll be testing it soon - I know it works with FLMM, since I just activated it.

For now though, I like that you added the ability to use either the new balance or the old. (I chose the old to start with. Time to see if I like it.)

Edit: Oh my god. Captain Rei, you are a MIRACLE WORKER. You can be my chief engineer any time.

I LOVE THIS MOD.

Posted on: 4/21 0:17
Top
Re: Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers mod wanted
Not too shy to talk
Joined:
2017/3/1 17:22
From Bavaria
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Posts: 91
Offline
Quote:

Saphira123456 wrote:

Edit: Oh my god. Captain Rei, you are a MIRACLE WORKER.
You can be my chief engineer any time.


As a matter of fact, I am an engineer.


Glad you like it.
The whole new balance thing and the broken effects took me quite a while,
I hope it was worth the wait.
You should be able to freely switch between the old and new balance, so give it a try.

See you in Space Cowboy

Posted on: 4/21 17:46
FL Leuchtfeuer
The proclamation of absolute truths is always a business model.
Top
Re: Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers mod wanted

Joined:
2014/9/28 23:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 30
Offline
Quote:

Cpt_Rei_Fukai wrote:
Quote:

Saphira123456 wrote:

Edit: Oh my god. Captain Rei, you are a MIRACLE WORKER.
You can be my chief engineer any time.


As a matter of fact, I am an engineer.


Glad you like it.
The whole new balance thing and the broken effects took me quite a while,
I hope it was worth the wait.
You should be able to freely switch between the old and new balance, so give it a try.

See you in Space Cowboy


VERY worth it. I've been waiting on this mod since 2014, and you did a phenomenal job.

It was WELL worth the wait - and you are exceptional!

It only took you a couple days to fix everything. Not long at all!

Posted on: 4/22 6:31
Top
Re: Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers mod wanted

Joined:
2014/9/28 23:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 30
Offline
Hey folks, thank you again for the superb Yamato mod rebuild.

You've inspired me to ask for an extension of this mod to include the fighters from the same universe, specifically the Cosmo Tiger, Cosmo Zero and Cosmo Falcon from SBY2199.

I also created a separate thread for this request, that includes some other fighters.

https://the-starport.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=6535

Posted on: 9/30 9:47
I am DRAGONKYN! HEAR ME ROAR!!!
Top
Re: Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers mod wanted
Not too shy to talk
Joined:
2017/3/1 17:22
From Bavaria
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Posts: 91
Offline
As per your request, I added some docking options.

Attach file:


zip yamatoshipmod_1.1.zip Size: 971.45 KB; Hits: 47

Posted on: 9/30 21:54
FL Leuchtfeuer
The proclamation of absolute truths is always a business model.
Top
Re: Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers mod wanted

Joined:
2014/9/28 23:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 30
Offline
Quote:

Cpt_Rei_Fukai wrote:
As per your request, I added some docking options.


Thank you so much Chief Orion!

(Don't know if you've seen the original Star Blazers, but that's a reference to that.)

Posted on: 10/1 1:48
Top
Re: Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers mod wanted

Joined:
2014/9/28 23:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 30
Offline
I'm getting an error when i try to launch it in FLMM 2.0e. Details to follow:

Error: This mod (yamatoshipmod_1-1) doesn't contain any files under the DATA, DLLS or EXE folders, so it wouldn't modify anything!
Check the folder structure for this mod.
Found mod: C:\FL Mod Manager 2.0e\mods\yamatoshipmod_1-1

I've verified that the files are actually there, but FLMM isn't recognizing them. Please advise.

Posted on: 10/31 22:41
Top
Re: Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers mod wanted
Home away from home
Joined:
2009/8/16 2:58
From Qld, Aus.
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Trusted Speciality Developers
Senior Members
Posts: 2014
Offline
Did you extract the zip to its own folder? i.e. you have mods\yamatoshipmod_1-1\yamatoshipmod. Remove that intermediary, so it's just mods\yamatoshipmod.

Posted on: 10/31 23:59
Top
Re: Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers mod wanted

Joined:
2014/9/28 23:25
Group:
Registered Users
Posts: 30
Offline
Quote:

adoxa wrote:
Did you extract the zip to its own folder? i.e. you have mods\yamatoshipmod_1-1\yamatoshipmod. Remove that intermediary, so it's just mods\yamatoshipmod.


Thanks, it looks like that worked.

Posted on: 11/1 1:52
Top
« 1 2 (3)