Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
38 user(s) are online (14 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 38

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +50€

Current balance: -70€
(last updated 05/2018)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 35 users playing Freelancer on 30 servers.
June. 25, 2018

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

« 1 2 3 4 (5)

Re: Librelancer 2017.10
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Moved the website to a new domain

Posted on: 12/6 2:28
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Open in new window

Full Size (720p)

Working on the addition of a Forward+ rendering pipeline to the engine. This will allow for a lot more lights to be present at one time in a scene, point lights attached to the light sprites here as an example.

This feature requires an OpenGL 4.3 implementation, which limits it to Windows and Linux on modern graphics cards only (someone @apple fix your crap honestly). For now it's not enabled 100% of the time due to some culling regressions which should soon be fixed.

Extensions to the data will be in the form of light parameters for light equipment, and light particles in ALE.

For those with iGPUs don't fear this is toggleable and the traditional renderer is still available regardless (and runs at 60fps 1080p on my HD 515).

Posted on: 1/8 14:30
Home away from home
From Somewhere at Moscow
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
8-[.................]
Perfect!
Now it is "atmosphere"

Posted on: 1/9 5:50
Open Sirius Mod
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Open in new window

(Full Size)

To make some of the work a bit more useable I've decided to begin work on an alternate Utf Editor powered by imgui and the Librelancer engine. Here's a very early screenshot of what it can do.

Posted on: 1/17 9:35
Just can't stay away
From Carbondale, IL
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Oh me so want!

Doin' that download thang @ Librelancer now.

Darn download freezes at 89%. Will try later.

(10 to 1 it's the flakey 4G here, don't ask about my desktop internet connection. It got et' by a backhoe)

Posted on: 1/17 12:33
Inter Arma Enem Silent Leges
Starport Admin
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
Contributing to the existing, full featured UTF Editor wasn't in the cards? :|

Posted on: 1/17 14:27
"Cynicism is not realistic and tough. It's unrealistic and kind of cowardly because it means you don't have to try."
-Peggy Noonan
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Unfortunately the existing engine code for Librelancer is completely tied to OpenGL 3.3, which in my experience plays really poorly with WinForms and not at all with WPF.

Even if the only unique feature which is ALE preview was to be integrated, it'd introduce a hard requirement on a GL 3 core context into Utf Editor which is something that I'd be unwilling to do seeing people still try to run it on XP and very old graphics hardware. Also I can't run Utf Editor on Linux under wine, which is my main platform. Think of this more as a Linux-specific editor since windows users would definitely prefer native controls.

My parser code for everything is available though and you're free to poke at anything for information. If I find something that would be really great for Utf Editor I'll let you know and contribute that

Posted on: 1/17 14:38
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Getting a dead-lock in attempts to reach asteroid fields. Occurs in both 2017.10 and Daily builds. Screen with procexp/threads: https://i.imgur.com/pglDWeH.png. Not sure what exactly to report.

Offtop, a small question regarding such: https://i.imgur.com/K9qws20.png

( I'm just attempting to render )

The background was painted to the alpha channel of grass, otherwise I wouldn't see the grass through the glass. What's causing that: incorrect blending settings or an order of rendering? Because if this is an order's fault... well, pass, I'll just start learning Depth Peeling immediately.

Posted on: 2/16 23:15
Just can't stay away
From Carbondale, IL
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
I'm sort of with Friendly Fire with this one. As much as I'm dealing with UTF lately and using the an editor that can FINALLY drag and drop and other great advances from the first editors, a bit of support for the hard work within the community might be in order.
Otherwise you're going to end up reinventing a few wheels and if you run into a brick wall on what wheels you are spinning on it will most likely have already been hit and broken through within the group here.

Without participation in a large group effort I'd be staring at this page on a real magnifying glass instead of a new page zoom and on a newer virtual keypad that doesn't suffer typing lags. Jefferson001 is indebted to the efforts of groups. For this small miracle and for tools like the UTF editor.

Just because you think your on a different path you still have the skill to walk. I'll tell you that walking with a group is whole lot better than walking there on you're own.

"Design is a collaboration. Trying it on your own is masterbation." Buckminster Fuller.

Posted on: 2/16 23:41

Edited by Jefferson001 on 2018/2/18 2:41:19
Inter Arma Enem Silent Leges
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Is the background painting present for daily on you?
Also will get on testing the deadlock issue on Windows. I've probably missed a volatile somewhere

Posted on: 2/18 8:25
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:
Ichiru wrote:
Is the background painting present for daily on you?
No-no, that's my own attempt to paint something. Kind of learning and was surprised with all that transparency problem in graphics as well as with limited drawcalls; St01 in Discovery 4.89, it contains ~5290 meshes, I've made same quantity of DrawIndexed and updates of shader variables: single core loaded upto 90-95%.

Posted on: 2/18 9:47
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Frustum culling and LODs are absolutely essential to be rendering thousands of objects. For the bushes, they're DXT1 textures (1-bit alpha cut-out) so you actually need to render them as opaque objects with alpha testing, which will make them ordered by the depth buffer. Otherwise you can do per-vmeshref sorting for transparent objects, which is the approach used by Librelancer.

Posted on: 2/23 13:05
Starport Admin
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
If you're fine with alpha testing, instancing would exactly fit this particular scenario and eliminate virtually all CPU load.

Posted on: 2/23 15:04
"Cynicism is not realistic and tough. It's unrealistic and kind of cowardly because it means you don't have to try."
-Peggy Noonan
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Fixed the Windows hang on asteroids in daily. Some of the threading code was incorrect.

Posted on: 3/10 4:51
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
@Ichiru, @FriendlyFire
Got it! But well myeah, it'll take time before I get something reasonable on my own)
Quote:

Ichiru wrote:
Fixed the Windows hang on asteroids in daily. Some of the threading code was incorrect.
Thanks, it's perfect and I finally took a ride around. Space rendering seems fully complete, I'll only put a couple of noticed things in long-term: https://imgur.com/a/fwN7s (The images have a short description there). Good there is position is displayed to reproduce it one day.

Posted on: 3/10 18:46
« 1 2 3 4 (5)