Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
30 user(s) are online (7 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 30

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +10€

Current balance: -50€
(last updated 06/2019)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 68 users playing Freelancer on 34 servers.
July. 22, 2019

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

Random Thoughts

From United States
Group:
Registered Users
http://www.gizmag.com/go/4004/picture/10704/ Check this out, MechWars ............ The time is now. Interesting, the many ways we can come up with to kill more efficiently/creatively isn't it?

Posted on: 2011/6/22 19:13
Vanguard Federation of Freelancers - Back-Up Site
Vanguard Federation - Steam
Anonymous
Re: Random Thoughts
Anonymous-Anonymous
ED-209's grandfather? My god the movies are real...

Posted on: 2011/6/22 19:37
Just can't stay away
From Slovakia
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
In the era of tanks and choppers the mechas will be just huge slow moving easy targets

Posted on: 2011/6/22 20:34
Open in new window
Sketchfab - deviantART
Just can't stay away
From Temecula, California
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Raytheon's HULC systems are looking interesting too. It's not much of a stretch to imagine the progression towards Robotech's Cyclone outfits. If mobility is retained, as well as good tactile feedback, this could all start getting very interesting.

I'd like to see more use of that memory metal stuff in these designs, should be lighter weight and less obtrusive.
Thanks for the share, that's a pretty interesting site.

Posted on: 2011/6/22 20:57
Be always firm in belief, yet never rigid
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Quote:

Kuze wrote:
In the era of tanks and choppers the mechas will be just huge slow moving easy targets

Don't forget how the first computers, or cars, or planes, or trains, or .... okay - getting tired now

Funnily enough, I read not long ago about the land speed record that was held by a steam powered car in 1906 was 128MPH... only broken in 2009. A petrol car didn't beat it for over 20 years

Lets hope things develop faster than that!

Posted on: 2011/6/23 6:07
Just can't stay away
From Slovakia
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
I quote myself:

Quote:
In the era of tanks and choppers

So imo in the recent future with all the technological innovation the battlefields will look very different, but now in 2011 the time of mechas is not here yet.

On the other side it is sad that we are waiting for the new shiny weapons while there are thousands of people sometimes millions who will die and suffer because of them

Posted on: 2011/6/23 7:36
Open in new window
Sketchfab - deviantART
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I think when the nuclear fusion comes laser would become the first weapon and they are a sort of stealth weapon (UV, IR forever ^^). I don't think mechs would be a nice choice, cause after 2045 we will enter on the tech singularity, and robot will find easily the antigravity systems (supraconductivity forever!!! ^^). When I sayd robot I sayd one robot = all humanity intelligencia entity so robot = NO LIMITS!! If a robot nation comes (like in Matrix The 2nd Renaissance) and if we entered in a rude period of war, we will, and not would, must have a lot of pain .

If I'm off topic, say it!

Posted on: 2011/6/23 13:07
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
you might be off topic, but you're definitely on something...
(just kidding, but that degree of sci-fi really set up that joke)

Who knows what will happen in 2045... we first have to get "the machines" past 2038... As for the land speed record, that thing is almost changing all the time.. I think the Thrust SSC now holds that record and it's actually above mach 1. O.o

There was once a time man thought traveling faster than mach 1 was impossible, Chuck Yeager proved them wrong. There was once a time man thought you could not break the sound barrier on the ground (where molecules are more dense and compact more, making it tougher to break that barrier), 50 years and 1 day after Yeager; Andy Green proved man wrong again...

What's another 50 years hold for us? I doubt it'll be machines enslaving mankind, but I wouldn't be surprised if it's FTL technology or space bending/worm holes.. unless we all get retarded like the movie "Idiocracy"..

Posted on: 2011/11/26 11:18