Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
31 user(s) are online (16 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 31

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +130€

Current balance: 45€
(last updated 01/2020)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 44 users playing Freelancer on 40 servers.
January. 26, 2020
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (Laz)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

(1) 2 »

Re: An external symbol that cannot be parsed

Group:
Registered Users
Trusted Speciality Developers
I'm assuming you're using the Discovery Freelancer FLHook. From what I remember, that repository requires boost 1.60, so that's probably where your error is coming from. I can't actually remember Disco's FLHook that well, but that'd be my first guess.

Anything more will require some more information, as you've just said base plugin, which doesn't really provide any real detail about the error itself.

Posted on: 1/17 10:32
Way too ambitious for his own good.
Topic | Forum

Re: Can't seem to figure out the problem, please help

Group:
Registered Users
Try clearing out any saves that may be located inside of C:\Users\You\My Documents\My Games\Freelancer
If you're running Windows 10, make sure you've installed DirectPlay from Legacy components (Control Panel -> Turn Windows Feature On/Off)

Posted on: 2019/9/9 10:23
Topic | Forum

FL INIReader Limitations

Group:
Registered Users
Afternoon everyone, I am wondering if anyone has any information on the limitations of the FL INIReader. After doing some stuff with @Alex. we discovered that there seems to be a limitation of the inireader - we specifically tested with get_value_string(void)

The best way I can describe it is that when reading a ini/cfg file it will get to the 1024 character and treat it as if it's the end of the line. I discovered the issue when using these files to store XML strings, then everything was suddenly failing without any indication as to the cause.

While I've got a workaround for the time being, I am curious if there is any solution to this, or perhaps just more information as to why it occurs (I could hazard a guess, but certainty is always more preferable).

Any and all information on this would be appreciated.

Kind Regards,
Laz

Posted on: 2018/3/12 12:05
Topic | Forum

Re: What Hex Editor(s) do you use / would you recommend?

Group:
Registered Users
I believe it is, yes. I was just saying what I use ^_^

There are plenty of tutorials around on how to use Hexplorer specifically which makes things easier when it comes to editing FL.

Posted on: 2017/10/10 18:48
Topic | Forum

Re: What Hex Editor(s) do you use / would you recommend?

Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Moonhead wrote:
EDIT I've renamed the topic title from "A good free (or cheap) Hex Editor?" because maybe there isn't one and I want to know what y'all use.

I use Hexplorer, https://sourceforge.net/projects/hexplorer/ . It's pretty easy to use. You jump to offsets and edit their special values and other such stuff.

Posted on: 2017/10/9 13:37
Topic | Forum

Re: Path Values for Saves and Screenshots

Group:
Registered Users
I'm guessing you're trying to relocate the save/screenshot location? Adoxa has already solved that issue with the following code:

Code:
File: Common.dll
0A2FB1: C7 06 2E 2E 00 00 EB 0E [ 56 6A 00 6A 00 68 05 80 ]
0A300A: 0C [ 21 ]
0A3018: 7C [ 13 ]
0A30BE: C7 06 2E 2E 00 00 EB 0E [ 56 6A 00 6A 00 68 27 80 ]
142690: "Saves" 00              [ "My Gam" ]

This will relocate the save files/screenshots into the dir of the FL install. I think every mod should do this really as it removes the bug of crashing because of an incorrect restart.fl when switching between mods.

(replace the codes on the right with the ones on the left.)

Posted on: 2017/8/13 18:09
Topic | Forum

Re: Current Patch Order Etc

Group:
Registered Users
Regarding Adoxa's patch, I applied it first, but not the entire thing. I simply picked what elements I wanted from it then built those components into a DLL (with Adoxa's help since I had no idea what I'm doing).

Vertical strafing is only cheating on servers that state such and don't use it. Many mods currently have it implemented because it's a useful feature. The only one I could point you to is Discovery, however, as I've not used others that extensively.

Most mods have been fleshed out to the point where the original point can't be seen. Many mods like Freeworlds and Discovery simply created their own "patches" rather than using others.

I for one have used community assets and mixed and matched them around the place to create a nice blend of features, while still retaining a Vanilla "feel".

Posted on: 2017/7/22 12:25
Topic | Forum

Re: Anyone still around?

Group:
Registered Users
It's best not to derail this place with talk about Discovery. The place has its issues, as does anywhere else. As someone who has played there since 2010, I've seen most sides of it.

I see where FF comes from with that statement, but it's also true that most of the global count also comes from them as well. So that's why it's always in a constant flux.

Posted on: 2017/7/21 16:37
Topic | Forum

Re: Anyone still around?

Group:
Registered Users
Freelancer is still around, and people still love this age old game. The bulk of players are around Discovery, Crossfire, and Freeworlds.

I do know there are multiple on going mod projects, and I know of three/four potential new mods that are currently in the works, don't know if they'll ever get released or if they will be good, however.

Most new FL developments happen with Discovery and Freeworlds to my knowledge.

Posted on: 2017/7/21 15:37
Topic | Forum

Re: Freelancer and Win10 Anniversary Ed.

Group:
Registered Users
Have you tried deleting any saves or restart.fl in the my games folder, assuming there are any still there that is.

Posted on: 2017/6/29 13:38
Topic | Forum

Re: Freelancer The Mod. Storyline Mod. MP Capable

Group:
Registered Users
That sounds fun, I'll give that a go.

Posted on: 2017/6/5 14:43
Topic | Forum

Re: Question: Animating CMP files?

Group:
Registered Users
No problem mate. It's a Rheinland Jumpgate, designed by Skynet over on discoverygc.

Open in new window

Posted on: 2017/6/2 22:36
Topic | Forum

Question: Animating CMP files?

Group:
Registered Users
Hey everyone. I know it's possible for CMPs to be created for custom animations and the like as I've seen it used in various mods.

The problem I'm facing is the lack of tutorials or any information imminently available here or elsewhere. There is the possibility I've not looked hard enough but I can't find any resources on animating CMP files other than folding wings.

What I'm aiming for is the create an animated jumpgate using a model that has already been correctly rigged and animated in blender. I doubt you can export a model and its animations into a CMP file, but we know it can work in that form at least.

What I'm wondering is whether anyone has any knowledge that they'd be willing to share with me to help me animate this model.

I look forward to hearing your responses.

Posted on: 2017/6/2 21:15
Topic | Forum

Re: [WIP] Ale Effect Editor

Group:
Registered Users
I'm awaiting a Beta, it would very really awesome to have one. I've been using Adoxa's XML for ages now, and made some pretty cool things. This tool could advance it to the next step

I can imagine how the preview would really streamline the whole process!

Posted on: 2017/4/7 10:00
Topic | Forum

Re: Installing an ENB in Freelancer

Group:
Registered Users
Maybe I should have been more specific. What I meant was, given how FL acts, are there any presets or configurations designed specifically for FL or ones that go with FL particularly well.

Posted on: 2017/4/2 16:27
Topic | Forum

Top Top
(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]