Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
62 user(s) are online (25 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 62

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +0€

Current balance: 55€
(last updated 04/2021)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 34 users playing Freelancer on 47 servers.
November. 30, 2021
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (Saphira123456)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

(1) 2 »

Re: Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers mod wanted
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Yes, in single player mode.

And I was so damn excited to get it too...

Posted on: 11/19 11:29
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
When you launch in the Yamato/Argo from Planet Junyo the game crashes to desktop.

EDIT: This was in Single Player mode, post-story. I spent weeks, if not months mining diamonds, moving them to New Tokyo, then selling them to gather the necessary credits, then selling off my old ship, its' weapons and equipment.

All that time wasted on attempting to acquire a modded-in ship, that turns out to be busted.

Posted on: 11/19 3:13
Topic | Forum

Interesting thing just happened
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
I was passing by Helgoland on my way to New Tokyo, when I noticed the station was firing on ALG-marked freighters!

ALG was firing on its' own!

Posted on: 10/2 9:19
Topic | Forum

Re: Mod request: Bounty system
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Saphira123456 wrote:
Quote:

Dromedary wrote:
The icon for the escape pod is already in the game, so no need to define that. I'll put together a script file that does most of what you ask.

Thank you.

Any updates?

Posted on: 9/18 23:04
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dromedary wrote:
The icon for the escape pod is already in the game, so no need to define that. I'll put together a script file that does most of what you ask.

Thank you.

Posted on: 9/6 20:10
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dromedary wrote:
If you want, i can tell you how to do it. It's not easy for a beginner, but doable if you're patient. The only thing you will need are some icons for the pilots, which you can make yourself, or borrow and credit from either of the other mods already mentioned. I can start you off with one type of pilot, to make it easy, or you can make more and have special ones for police, pirates, bounty hunters etc

Instead of an icon for pilots, how about an icon for an escape pod?
That way one icon fits all types.

Also, I like the idea of running both prisoners and a search and rescue operation.

That being said, I don't think I'd be able to rip from another mod since I'm a rank beginner. I can edit XML and text files, but I'm no programmer.

I'm also no artist. Someone else would have to make the icon in question.

Posted on: 9/5 10:20
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dromedary wrote:
If you mean something you can just add to vanilla then not that i'm aware of. You'd have to raid either of those mods i mentioned and see how it's been done. Of course you also need to know where to look.

That's exactly what I mean, and I wouldn't know where to look. Nor would I even be able to unpack a mod properly.

Which is why this request is going up, so others can help me with it.

Posted on: 8/30 21:07
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dromedary wrote:
That concept has been in a number of mods out there for years. Evolutions has it, Genesis has it, probably a few more

Are there any standalone mods that deliver this functionality for single player?

I like being able to just sit outside an NPC enemy base with my Heavy Fighter or a Freighter and capture a hold full of enemy escape pods. Then I haul them to the turn-in point and profit.

Bounty hunting like this is a very profitable deal.

Posted on: 8/30 5:28
Topic | Forum

Mod request: Bounty system
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Simply put, every time you go after pirates, you get an escape pod that you can tractor in. Then you deliver it to a faction warship - say the Missouri for Liberty - and you gain a few hundred thousand credits or so, depending on which pirate faction you delivered.

It's roughly the same system that you see in Discovery Freelancer, but for the base game.

Posted on: 8/27 21:45
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Thaddeus wrote:
The mod is scripted for ver 1.3

You can not alter files in the *\Program Files (x86)\* folder without administrator privileges. This is windows problem, not flmm, easiest solution setup a *\Games\* folder and mod from there

Ship price is set at $100000 - price is set in */Starblazer - DR - Yamato.xml if you want to change. Inflated price will be down to equipment costs for the various turrets, torpedoes and guns, etc

Thanks Thaddeus. Like I said, 2.0 appears to work just fine.

Can't wait to launch her.

Posted on: 8/27 17:52
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
It's broken - got this from Freelancer Mod Manager v1.5 when I attempted to activate:

Error: SHCopyFile failed ('C:\Program Files (x86)\Freelancer Mod Manager\mods\archived_yamatoshipmod\EXE\chips_mod.dll' to 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Abandonware Games\Freelancer\EXE\chips_mod.dll'

EDIT: Freelancer Mod Manager v1.5 appears to be completely busted. None of the included mods work!

1.31 allows me to load the mod, but when I try to launch the game it crashes to desktop!

2.0 appears to work, but the actual price is more like 1,200,000 cr.

Posted on: 8/27 4:14
I am DRAGONKYN! HEAR ME ROAR!!!
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Is that a standalone mod? Or does it require other mods since it's a capitol ship?

Posted on: 8/26 8:40
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Hey, sorry for the necro, but I was wondering if there was a standalone version of the Yamato, not connected to any mods, that you can fly in the game?

If not, could it be created?

Posted on: 8/25 3:56
Topic | Forum

Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers mod wanted
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Hi.

I was wondering if I could get someone to add a mod that allows me, the player, to fly the famous Space
Battleship Yamato, from the Japanese anime of the same name; or the Argo, which is the same ship but
from the English version, Star Blazers.

I'd also like to be able to have players be able to dock with her if possible.

I'd love to have her fully functional, with all her turrets, anti-air laser batteries, and her old
smokestack that was converted to a missile launcher.
Her Wave Motion Gun would be a lovely addition to her firepower but I have a feeling that that
bit's gonna remain a pipedream.

I'd like to fly her in tribute to the SBY/Star Blazers franchise, which spans from the 1980s all the way up to
today; with a reboot known as SBY2199 coming out real soon in Japan.

I'm also willing to pay for this mod out of my own pocket if needed.

Kerry.

Posted on: 2017/9/10 13:34
Topic | Forum

Running FL on a Virtual Machine; and gives an error for my disk drive.
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Here's my setup:

All on a Laptop:

WIN 8.1 Host (base OS); hardware compatible w/FL. OS is not.
WIN XP SP3 Guest (Virtual) OS; running via VMware Workstation Virtual Machine: Compatible OS; plus compatible hardware from the Host.

Setup as standard; works properly.

Disk goes in; starts up within the VM; using XP as the operating system.

However; once it gets to the point where it says "Creating Game Folders" it stalls out; and gives me this error message:

"The drive is not ready for use; its' door may be open. Please check drive D: and make sure that a disk is inside and the door is closed."

(I wish these things had some sort of automatic self-diagnostics... and at least partial AI; particularly a capability to automatically troubleshoot itself; WITHOUT human intervention and to REMEMBER what it did to solve its' problems. An automated; limited, self-repair capability would be a great help too... This install has been full of problems... One right after the other. Ugh!)

Anyway; there IS a disk in the drive; and the door IS shut. I can actually hear the disk going around in there. All of a sudden; it just... stops, and WHAM! This stupid error.

Please; help a poor guy out!

P.S., I'm a complete noob when it comes to Virtual Machines... I think I did everything correctly; because I used the same drive to install XP onto my Virtual Machine; so...
P.P.S.: They say video games can be addicting... Freelancer's one of the most addictive games out there... I feel that were this game a person; it would be love at first sight. I'd be ready to skip the dating and hit the church straight away... That's how much I'm addicted... No, that's nowhere near what I feel. I'm IN LOVE with this game.
I've been apart from my love for too long. Like Captain Kirk and the Enterprise; I and my love call to each other, and it is a call I cannot resist.

Posted on: 2014/9/29 1:12
Topic | Forum

Top Top
(1) 2 »

[Advanced Search]