Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
76 user(s) are online (38 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 75

Treewyrm, more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +10€

Current balance: -300€
(last updated 11/2017)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 73 users playing Freelancer on 30 servers.
December. 13, 2017
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (Schmackbolzen)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

(1) 2 3 4 ... 32 »

Re: OpenGL Rendering
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Trusted Speciality Developers
Senior Members
It highly depends on the model (vertices and texture coordinates). Unfortunately FL has a lot which don't go well with it

Posted on: Yesterday 18:31
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
You can read about that in the linked presentation. Also I only tested the UTF version. Wodka once wrote to me that you don't use that. As far as I remember there also was problem with references in the vector maths and thus wrong results. But since you don't use it anyway I never committed it.

Posted on: 2017/12/11 23:24
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Sry, I am again very busy due to university and my student job.

@Wodka: Yes, this implementation produces wrong TBN data. I have modified it locally and also added code so that new vertices can be inserted. Currently I recalculate all normals and duplicate vertices in case the angle between the normals is too large. But this is only a stopgap measure until I can convert the code I linked above, since there are still case where the TBN data is wrong. Plus everything looks very edged right now since the original normals were smoothed a lot. Maybe I also should have a look at your MAX plugin in case you have used a better algorithm there.

I hope that I can get a public beta test running after I had some time off during the upcoming holidays, but no promises. It will only work on our New Universe server so you would have to check out our mod. I'll probably use the current ugly shadow implementation, but at least you could test it out. We will see...

Posted on: 2017/12/11 20:36
Topic | Forum

Re: Thread stuck in device driver
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
You could try running e.g. Prime95 stress test on only one core so that the turbo kicks in like it would with FL. Maybe this way you can reproduce your error without Freelancer. Your problem is quite odd as it implies that e.g. the voltage regulation for the fan causes unstable voltage supply for the CPU. This could mean you have a failing capacitor and your mainboard might be dying. Or there is a bug in your BIOS version, which also would be quite an odd one. You only can hope that the problem is not getting worse.

Btw. over 5000 RPM for a fan is quite high. I wonder how you are able to stand the noise.

Posted on: 11/23 10:05
Topic | Forum

Re: Thread stuck in device driver
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
This sounds more like your fan did not spin quick enough and the CPU overheated, which can cause hardware failures (usually the CPU throttles before that). Haven't you used thermal compound or did you use too much (just a very thin layer is needed)? Windows does not check the speed of the fans (like it sounds from your post, but I am not sure whether I understood it correctly).

Posted on: 11/22 10:20
Topic | Forum

Re: I finally got the Original Game Soundtrack on CD!!
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Thanks for uploading! You mixed up the extensions, though. If you change them to .7z the downloads work

Posted on: 11/17 9:40
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
I suppose Freestalker is referring to these files. Since they are cut out from the soundtrack so that the loops fit the it would be nice to have the original files if that is not too much to ask

Posted on: 11/16 12:44
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Oh, I was hoping they were sounding better. Seems not to be the case

Posted on: 11/15 22:06
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Yeah, that would also work, although it is probably about double the size. So you'd have to upload twice as much. You still should be able to encode the wav files to flac, though. There are also other programs which can do that.

Posted on: 11/15 17:16
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Could you encode it to flac and upload it somewhere? That would be really cool. If you could use the program "exact audio copy" for making an accurate copy of each track this would be really nice.

I guess since you can't buy it anymore no one cares if you copy it.

Posted on: 11/15 15:51
Topic | Forum

Re: HELP: Sun Ray FX can see through ship
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
How about you upload your .cmp and your .sur file so that others can have a look. I am not even sure whether FL uses the .sur file for the visual effect. Have you tested with other ships whether the problem occurs?

Posted on: 11/8 11:46
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Just boring stuff. Tested window management and OpenGL context creation with SDL2, but sadly the event processing breaks the controls. Plus it does not fix the wrong resolution in fullscreen mode (since FL manages the window, something seems to break there). Also I had to patch SDL2 to make it use an existing window with OpenGL.

I also did some further clean up and optimizations. On my NV 970m it is now nearly about 1,5 times faster as the original d3d8 renderer (with disabled shadows), but on my AMD RX480 the d3d8 renderer is faster. So either a driver problem or I am doing something wrong / something the driver does not like. Not much left I can do, though, since I have not that much control about how FL renders things. Sadly weapons fire also seems to impact FPS (on AMD). This is something I need to investigate further. I tested the newer OpenGL debug callback functionality, but neither on AMD nor on NV this helped.

Shadows also seem to impact the FPS a lot, but not when generating the maps, but when using them in the shaders. So I'll have to investigate whether this is normal or not. Could be a fillrate problem, though. The scenes I am testing with have a lot of overdraw, since FL renders back to front and there a hundreds of objects. A z-prepass could help here.

I also have been working on getting the TB vectors generated like presented here: http://crytek.com/cryengine/presentat ... tangent-space-calculation (there is existing c++ code but I need to adapt it to the UTF Editor code in c#).

As you can see, nothing of interest for the normal user (who doesn't understand anything of the above anyway). I will post progress here when I have to show something new

Posted on: 11/6 14:23
Topic | Forum

Re: FL Modding, INI Strukturen
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Das Format hat jemand mal hier dokumentiert: http://the-starport.net/modules/wfdow ... glefile.php?cid=5&lid=260

Du kannst alternativ auch Tools nehmen die die Inis dekomprimieren vorher und dann im klartext lesen. Das Implementieren habe ich aber auch schon gemacht (Freepascal Code) und geht recht schnell.

Es müsste auch bei den ganzen Quelltexten von Tools immer mal auftauchen, wenn jemand das liest.

Skotty hat so nen Waffendesigner auch mal geschrieben, evtl. äußert er sich hier ja mal dazu.

Posted on: 11/4 11:17
Topic | Forum

Re: Loadouts not working on bases in Random Missions
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
I have only checked base spawning via FLHook and there even effects worked. So I assumed it was fixed in missions aswell, but I might have been wrong about that. Maybe someone can have a look?

Posted on: 10/17 23:45
Topic | Forum

Re: Loadouts not working on bases in Random Missions
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
This has been fixed with the latest FLHook release afaik. At least in the SVN version.

Posted on: 10/15 20:54
Topic | Forum

Top Top
(1) 2 3 4 ... 32 »

[Advanced Search]