Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
23 user(s) are online (10 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 23

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +0€

Current balance: -165€
(last updated 12/2018)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 32 users playing Freelancer on 29 servers.
December. 17, 2018
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (Schmackbolzen)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

(1) 2 3 4 ... 34 »

Re: Librelancer 2018.12
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Trusted Speciality Developers
Senior Members
So in general is it possible to map all the properties of a 3db/cmp to collada format (lets assume this direction for simplicity) or is there stuff which is not possible to convert, because the format does not support it?

Posted on: 2018/12/15 13:20
Topic | Forum

Re: Librelancer 2018.12
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
The collada support is great news! I was planning export and import tools in the near future. How well does it work?

Posted on: 2018/12/15 10:04
Topic | Forum

Re: ISSUE: I often cannot submit posts for a while
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
For me this happens when you start a new post and take too long to submit. Same happens when you get a new IP address in that time frame.

Posted on: 2018/12/15 10:03
Topic | Forum

Re: ISSUE: I often cannot submit posts for a while
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Well, I never had any issues. Might be another problem then?

Posted on: 2018/12/10 17:59
Topic | Forum

Re: What would be the most convenient, common, universal format for sharing the contents of a DVD
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Oh ok, I thought you tried to upscale the resolution since the name implies it.

If it is not the encoder, it might be your codec which reads it. I've had that problem once in a while. Or it really is the source file. You could upload the ISO or the video file where the clip is contained and I can have a look.

Regarding the ISO: There is a solution from Microsoft: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=38780

Posted on: 2018/12/9 12:22
Topic | Forum

Re: What would be the most convenient, common, universal format for sharing the contents of a DVD
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Thanks for uploading! From what I can see it did not change the image resolution. If you look at the properties of each clip it seems to have its original resolution. You probably should select the source material resolution anyway. As bad as the quality is, there is not much the codec can do about it besides making it worse. You could try selecting "slow" or even "slower" as preset instead of "medium" but that will increase the computation time while encoding a lot.

Also I think it is better to disable deinterlacing under the "Filters" tab. It looks like it applied it to some of the videos (or the source material is really bad). For instance look at the Microsoft logo in "Freelancer_OST_-_Bonus_DVD_-_[H.265_2160p_60_RF15]_-_03_-_Trailers_-_E3_2002.mkv". It looks really weird.

Since I only encode one file, I don't know how it behaves with a whole queue. Maybe the settings are only applied to one clip. There should be a way to apply it to all, though. I never had to reload the source file when experimenting with the settings.

Posted on: 2018/12/9 11:53
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
I use Handbrake (www.handbrake.fr), you can use it to encode it with h265 and mkv container. Medium preset should be fine and quality around 15 (try to experiment with short snippets, the lower the number the better image quality you get). Tune should be SSIM. I don't know whether it can read the dvd titles as source, though. You can enter a time range of what you want to have encoded.

Posted on: 2018/12/7 8:30
Topic | Forum

Re: OpenGL Rendering
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
After the short teaser image here is a video of the current state including the new shadows:

http://www.flnu.net/downloads/fl0512.mkv

Edit: Here is another one.
http://www.flnu.net/downloads/fl0512_2.mkv

Posted on: 2018/12/5 21:14
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Open in new window

Posted on: 2018/12/5 10:04
Topic | Forum

Re: [WIP] Ale Effect Editor
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
I don't have time for the OpenGL wrapper and this tool at the same time. I want to finish the wrapper first, so this is on hold until then. I have gotten a few ideas for it, though.

Posted on: 2018/12/3 10:42
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Sorry, while I understand that people want to test it themselves, I want to get rid of all bugs I currently am aware of first. Also I want to use it for our mod exclusively for a time period (we are talking about some few months) where I can further polish it. We are currently working on a mod update and this will be very fitting to be included. When I see that there are no unexpected side effects I will create a standalone mod on ModDB which can be used for mods and also works with vanilla FL.

Posted on: 2018/12/2 9:37
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
I got access to the same graphics chip (it's in my main desktop PC) and even some older hd4xxx mobile ones. Also some old AMD cards (mobile and desktop), so there will be plenty of testing on my side. The only thing I lack are Nvidia cards, where I only got one (970m). But I suppose this should be enough.

I can tell you that the hd4600 does not like compute heavy shaders. So expect to get worse graphics. I will try to include simpler lighting models so that very weak cards at least work. Currently if I switch to the HD530 in this laptop I don't get much FPS. But it looks at least the same.

Posted on: 2018/12/1 14:48
Topic | Forum

Re: Audio related Freelancer stutter NPC ship spawn
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Glad I could help. Interesting that you don't need the codec files, since here in Win7 I get those exceptions. Hadn't had the time to test whether the installer really fixes it, though. Just read it in some forums. But I will have to fix it for debugging next time FL crashes because of me

Posted on: 2018/12/1 8:48
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Hehe, I am currently having the fight with matrices and coordinate systems again (don't worry I am used to it). I converted code for PSSM/CSM (cascaded shadow maps) and the frustum culling it does for the different splits does not work correctly (as I was expecting). Worked at it till late night yesterday. At least it is integrated (which also took some time) and I only need to check out the math. Remember the difficulty that I don't really have the game objects and have to keep track of them myself. Which is very very intricate.

There also is a really strange bug which happens only with Nvidia cards where it crashes when you undock. It even doesn't crash while rendering, but after the frame was done somewhere in the FL exe, because some offset FL loads is zero, which I don't even touch. Intel and AMD is fine...

Posted on: 2018/12/1 8:28
Topic | Forum

Re: Audio related Freelancer stutter NPC ship spawn
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
You can try finding msacm32.dll via winetricks. It is not included in the WMFDIST package, but you'll need both. I am getting a lot of "Exception thrown at 0x3FEE4811 (msacm32.dll) in Freelancer.exe: 0xC0000005: Access violation reading location 0x00000000" errors when debugging and it is sound related. This is the only lead I can give you for now. Maybe under Wine it behaves differently, but exceptions sure can cause stuttering.

Posted on: 2018/11/30 11:04
Topic | Forum

Top Top
(1) 2 3 4 ... 34 »

[Advanced Search]