Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
68 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 68

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +165€

Current balance: 105€
(last updated 02/2021)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 34 users playing Freelancer on 37 servers.
April. 20, 2021
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (BBalazs)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

(1) 2 3 4 ... 11 »

Re: Haegemonia LOI/TSH - Modding
Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
They are available on ModDB, under the Downloads section of Haegemonia Vector Prime. I won't post a link because it might interfere with forum regulations, but it shouldn't be hard to find in Google.

However, I have a bit of bad news, too. Just like Level Planner, Tib's editor is also not capable of loading up level.inf files. In part this is there to protect anything you create and publish using these tools, and in part because neither of us had the time to parse into .inf files directly.
And there is no third editor - the program I made was Level Planner.

However, if that helps, I can give you a base Level Planner system for the TSH map "Firestorm". I think I haven't changed the format much, so it should be the correct version; pardon me if something ends up wrong, because it's been waaay too many years.

- Or, I have just about all Freelancer systems in Level Planner files, if you are interested. They are level-ready, just need a bit of cleaning up here and there. But I'll only give them away if you ensure me that you'll give me proper credit and send me an e-mail if you make a level out of them - because I might be interested in playing it.

Attach file:

zip Firestorm.zip Size: 0.76 KB; Hits: 237

Posted on: 2013/12/25 19:16
Topic | Forum

Re: Haegemonia LOI/TSH - Modding
Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Well, back in those days I did come across exactly this problem myself as well. I never really managed to solve this though, because I had built my own level editor tool from scratch instead...

However, an intelligent guess from experience is that the error MIGHT be caused by the game's inf files being compressed/encrypted. If you replace your .inf files with the ones provided in the modding tools (the package contains unencrypted inf files), things just MIGHT work. Never tested, though.

If you want to try, please be careful in the sense that the unencrypted inf files in the modding tools are NOT the same structure as the encrypted ones in the game. The modding tools files use 'include' statements, while the ones shipped with the game have everything embededded in every single file. This means you can't just 'copy over' the original files, technically you have to carefully replace each file structure out there, and there is no guarantee it might ever even work.

Consider using Tib's editor (less powerful but more straightforward and easier to use) or my editor, Haegemonia Level Planner (more powerful, but less straightforward and requires a degree of understanding how levels work in TSH).

It's been a long time since I've worked with Haeg. However, should you need help, I'm happy to answer.

Posted on: 2013/12/22 20:54
Topic | Forum

Re: 3D Model Showroom
Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Hi Jason, nice to see you around. I'm one of the more lurking, occassional people around here. Just thought I'd add a quick thought that I've been using your light fighter (3rd image) quite frequently as a test ship for a long while. I really like that model. It's nice to see you around.

Posted on: 2012/3/9 20:46
Topic | Forum

Re: CMPs with over 18 parts
Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Well, I've been fooling around with this for, well, years by now, so I guess I'm going to ask you to help me out directly, for I guess I'm out of luck.

I've been looking for a way to get planetary surfaces into FL in an actually working manner. Visibility problems can mostly be solved by adjusting some values in the EXE, but I've mostly been out of luck with the surface file. I've been looking for a somewhat reliable automation for planetary surface creation, so it might not be 100% form fitting, but getting it to work would be a good start.

If any of you can get this working for me, and tell me how they did it, I guess I'd owe you all a cake or two.

And just so that I'll give something in return as well:
An excellent toy to play with - Hierarchical Approximate Convex Decomposition.
https://code.google.com/p/hacd/
Go to source and do an svn checkout on the address provided (using for example TortoiseSVN). You will get a working application.

Well, here is the topic of my years-long despair:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/34513151/Terr.zip
Any help appreciated

Posted on: 2011/12/19 7:21
Topic | Forum

Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Only 7 materials, but note that by ~70 parts I meant ~70 groups in milkshape.

Once exported to cmp as single-component, it will only contain one VMeshRef - the Root.

But, as a sur file, there is a convex hull generated for all ~70 parts, so in the end, you get a sur with ~70 convex shapes, all attached to a single cmp part, the Root. The thing works - only a few parts don't seem to register collission.

Posted on: 2011/12/17 11:40
Topic | Forum

Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Thanks for the info, I'll search the forums and see if I can find it.

Also, I've been making a test run - as it usually happens with sur files, I got unlucky in the end. Here's what happened:

I have a complex 3d model (about 70 separate groups in MilkShape). I thought it'd be a good testing model.

1)
Exported as single-component 3db
Ran ConvexTool, done everything according to the tutorial, except that I named every object "Root"
Exported as OBJ, ran OBJ-SUR converter
Checked the 3db option (assign to None), checked Static for every group
Sur file created.
Test: Everything is fine, except absolutely no collission detection.

2)
Exported model as CMP, added HpMount manually using HardCMP (without HpMount, the model won't appear in-game)
Re-built SUR file, this time without the 3db switch. All objects are assigned to Root and all are Static.
Sur file created.
Test: I do get collission detection on -most- parts, but not all of them. In HardCMP, every sur part shows nicely.

What could it be? The mesh contains some identical parts (cylinders), and on most of them, collission detection works fine, but on others, it just won't. Could it be ConvexTool making an error somewhere?

I do admit this is a complex model, but I wanted to see if it's worth toying around with odd models for scenery. Note that I don't want docking, animation, only a complex scenery object with collission detection.

Posted on: 2011/12/17 9:51
Topic | Forum

CMPs with over 18 parts
Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
I'd like to ask if there is any way to get past the 18 parts export limit of the conventional CMP Exporters. I'm a bit lost when it comes to exporting tools, I think quite a few excellent utilities came out since I last checked. Even exporters for 3dsmax might do, if they can get past this 18 parts limit.

I'm aware of an old CMP-splicing tutorial by Sushi, but that uses multiple VMeshData entries, and he primarily used it to get past polycount limits. If you have, say, hundreds of parts, manually ediitng all VMeshRef entries is sort of out of the question.

Some time ago I had the idea of using 3db files. Is it correct that you can export a 3db file as single-component (Root) and have multiple sur parts point to the same 3db root component?

It's merely about getting collission detection to work on an extremely complex shape, destructible components are unnecessary.

Posted on: 2011/12/17 8:35
Topic | Forum

Re: Hungarian(Magyar)
Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Akkor még a Type-ot fusd át, hogy az is megegyezik-e. (Asszem Type-nak hívták).
Ott ellenőrizd le, hogy milyen módon van kezelve az üveg. Egy normális áttetsző textúra DcDtOcOt-t kell, hogy kapjon, de mivel az üveg nem textúrázott, csak egy szín és egy átlátszóság, ha jól emlékszem, DcOc volt a Type-ja, de ezt ellenőrizd az eredetiből.

Posted on: 2011/10/19 7:13
Topic | Forum

Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
A hajóhoz tartozó .mat fájlban (eeh.. li_ships.mat asszem?) a Material library alatt keresd meg az üveget és ellenőrizd hogy legyen neki normális Oc node-ja is. Az kontrollálja az átlátszóságot.

Vagy csak másold át a li_ships.mat-ot a CD-ről. Asszem a telepítési fájlok vagy külön elérhetőek, vagy a telepítőt meg lehet nyitni WinRar-al, de tévedhetek.

Posted on: 2011/10/18 21:33
Topic | Forum

Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Ha jól emlékszem, bár ezzel a részterületével az FL-nek nem foglalkoztam, a kurzor maga egy 3D-s modell, amit te látsz, az a textúra, ami rákerül (és végső soron csak a színét, nem a formáját adja).
Gondolom én: a "hagyományos kurzor" egy világoskék részletet kap, annak saját modellje van. A "célzó" kapja a piros részt vagy a zöld részletet, a fekete-fehér alpha channellel (sztem az a kurzor csak egy sima négyzet-modellre vetített alphás textúra, azt közvetlenül is tudod itt módosítani).

Ezen a ponton viszont tévedhetek, mert ezzel a résszel kivételesen tényleg nem foglalkoztam.

Posted on: 2011/10/18 7:10
Topic | Forum

Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Pontosan, az Alpha Channel kezeli az áttetszőséget. A starsphere-ek ha jól emlékszem valami spec shadereket használnak, direkt azért, hogy elsímítsák az olyan éleket, amik a képen látszanak (ha importálsz egy starsphere-t mondjuk 3ds max-ba, és csinálsz egy rendert, akkor látod, mire gondolok).

Photoshopban a legkönnyebb módja egy egyszerű alpha channel létrehozásának (ha még nincs)

Kijelölöd az egész képet, ctrl+C
Alul, ott ahol a layers (rétegek) vannak átváltasz a channelsre (csatornák)
Annak az ablakocskának az aljában látsz egy olyat hogy save selection as alpha channel.
Átváltasz alpha channelre, Image -> Adjustments -> Levels (ez a "szintek"
És állítasz picit rajta hogy a fehérek erősebbek legyenek valamelyest.

Mentéskor:
DDS esetén: DXT5 Interpolated Alpha típus (ez biztosan működik...)
TGA esetén: 32 bit legyen, ne 24. (Minden színcsatornát 1 bájton tehát 8 biten tárol; Vörös 8 Kék 8 Zöld 8 + Alpha

Posted on: 2011/10/7 4:55
Topic | Forum

Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Nézőpont kérdése, a DDS-nek is megvannak a maga korlátai. Persze, textúrázásra nagyon jó formátum - hiszen arra találták ki.

Posted on: 2011/10/6 16:27
Topic | Forum

Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Ha tényleg ezzel lenne a gond, akkor:

UTF Editor, Texture Library:
MIP0-tól MIP8-ig minden bejegyzés különböző mipmap-szint, MIP0 a textúra legmagasabb felbontásban, MIP8 pedig a legalacsonyabban.
Talán a legegyszerűbb amit tehetsz, hogy törlöd 1-től 8-ig az összes többi MIP-et, hogy csak az maradjon, ami neked kell.

Viszont átalakíthatod a képet DDS-é: akkor azt importálod, és átnevezed a MIP0-t MIPS-re (lehet, hogy tükröznöd kell majd a textúrát).

Posted on: 2011/10/6 5:25
Topic | Forum

Re: Freelancer Mod Studio - 0.9.7 released
Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Hooray
I believe many people have been enlightened by your post, even those that don't really give much feedback, like me. Thanks for the update!

Posted on: 2011/8/28 8:06
Topic | Forum

Re: GE Vegetation Test
Quite a regular
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Looks pretty good!
I wonder if some simple shadow for the plants would put a massive strain on the engine - nevertheless, it'd add a lot to the feel of it.

Posted on: 2011/1/26 19:59
Topic | Forum

Top Top
(1) 2 3 4 ... 11 »

[Advanced Search]