Twitter as we all know is the new Social Networking tool of the masses. Businesses use it. Consumers use it. Global Enterprises use it and even celebrities. And now I would like to recommend, we use it.
To that end I have created a @Freelancer_MP twitter account and would like to invite Community Site Admins and Server Admins to submit to me their front page RSS feeds. These will be then ‘tweeted’ out to the world to follow. What better way to build recognition for all our communities at once?
1) Roo-Avery holds account details for @Freelancer_MP. As I am no longer associated to any one site or server, I am an unbiased community member attempting to help all Sites and Servers.
2) Every Community site and MP Server can submit 1 (one) RSS feed to me to be configured with the Twitter account. This will automatically then be ‘tweeted’ at intervals and at random.
3) Only Front Page or forum equivalent RSS feeds can be submitted. Please don’t submit a ‘RP Story forum’ RSS feed for example. We only want to be ‘tweeting’ out server or site news that would normally make your front game or important server news thread.
4) This post will be shared with as many community sites and servers as possible. Please do your part by passing the word along.
5) Any site found to be abusing the RSS to Twitter initiative will be removed. Abuse is to be considered as spamming your RSS feed and verbal attacks to other sites and communities.
6) Roo-Avery will be responsible for configuring the RSS Feeds to Twitter, for setting the account to follow other related Twitter users (Gaming Personnel, Sites, and Companies as well as general Gamers) in the hope they follow us in return.
Of course, there is nothing stopping every server creating their own Twitter account. But as a group, we will succeed better in spreading the word and showing the world just how large our community still is.
This idea is a personal one; therefore it is not linked to the XBLA site or TSP exclusively. All enquires should be sent to me via msn (firstname.lastname@example.org) or email; email@example.com
If you wish to submit your RSS feed, please email me. I will find it extremely difficult to check multiple forums for replies.
Kris W Bennett