Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
59 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 59

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +30€

Current balance: -190€
(last updated 04/2017)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 50 users playing Freelancer on 39 servers.
September. 19, 2017
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (Saphira123456)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Space Battleship Yamato/Star Blazers mod wanted
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Hi.

I was wondering if I could get someone to add a mod that allows me, the player, to fly the famous Space
Battleship Yamato, from the Japanese anime of the same name; or the Argo, which is the same ship but
from the English version, Star Blazers.

I'd also like to be able to have players be able to dock with her if possible.

I'd love to have her fully functional, with all her turrets, anti-air laser batteries, and her old
smokestack that was converted to a missile launcher.
Her Wave Motion Gun would be a lovely addition to her firepower but I have a feeling that that
bit's gonna remain a pipedream.

I'd like to fly her in tribute to the SBY/Star Blazers franchise, which spans from the 1980s all the way up to
today; with a reboot known as SBY2199 coming out real soon in Japan.

I'm also willing to pay for this mod out of my own pocket if needed.

Kerry.

Posted on: 9/10 13:34

Edited by Saphira123456 on 2017/9/10 13:39:35
I am DRAGONKYN! HEAR ME ROAR!!!
Topic | Forum

Running FL on a Virtual Machine; and gives an error for my disk drive.
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Here's my setup:

All on a Laptop:

WIN 8.1 Host (base OS); hardware compatible w/FL. OS is not.
WIN XP SP3 Guest (Virtual) OS; running via VMware Workstation Virtual Machine: Compatible OS; plus compatible hardware from the Host.

Setup as standard; works properly.

Disk goes in; starts up within the VM; using XP as the operating system.

However; once it gets to the point where it says "Creating Game Folders" it stalls out; and gives me this error message:

"The drive is not ready for use; its' door may be open. Please check drive D: and make sure that a disk is inside and the door is closed."

(I wish these things had some sort of automatic self-diagnostics... and at least partial AI; particularly a capability to automatically troubleshoot itself; WITHOUT human intervention and to REMEMBER what it did to solve its' problems. An automated; limited, self-repair capability would be a great help too... This install has been full of problems... One right after the other. Ugh!)

Anyway; there IS a disk in the drive; and the door IS shut. I can actually hear the disk going around in there. All of a sudden; it just... stops, and WHAM! This stupid error.

Please; help a poor guy out!

P.S., I'm a complete noob when it comes to Virtual Machines... I think I did everything correctly; because I used the same drive to install XP onto my Virtual Machine; so...
P.P.S.: They say video games can be addicting... Freelancer's one of the most addictive games out there... I feel that were this game a person; it would be love at first sight. I'd be ready to skip the dating and hit the church straight away... That's how much I'm addicted... No, that's nowhere near what I feel. I'm IN LOVE with this game.
I've been apart from my love for too long. Like Captain Kirk and the Enterprise; I and my love call to each other, and it is a call I cannot resist.

Posted on: 2014/9/29 1:12
Topic | Forum

Re: Online Signup Petition for Freelancer 2 "Project Lonestar"
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
You guys are right...

Microsoft is focused solely on consoles, yet they still have their "Games for Windows Live!" site up.

Maybe they should change that to tell the truth:

"We don't care about our Windows OS. XBOX OR NOTHING."

Maybe they should change the very name of their site and service to say, "Games NOT for Windows, but Exclusively for THE EMPEROR-OF-EVERYONE'S-FAKE-CONSOLE-BASED-MORE-MONEY-FOR-US-EVEN-THOUGH-WE'RE-ALREADY-SO-RICH-WE-COULD-TAKE-EVERYONE'S-REAL-WORLD-LIVES-AND-MAKE-THEM-REALLY-DIE-AND-GET-AWAY-WITH-IT-SCOT-FREE-LIVES; THE ULTIMATE GAMING CONSOLE, THE ALMIGHTY XBOX!"

Because that's what their thinking is.

Described it perfectly; didn't I?

Now; I use Windows, and I can tell you RIGHT NOW, this computer's supposedly IMPROVED Windows OS, 8.1; is actually WORSE than Windows 8.0; and 8.0 was HORRID. Not good.

Microsoft... HA! More like MONEY-soft.

Posted on: 2014/9/29 0:12
I am DRAGONKYN! HEAR ME ROAR!!!
Topic | Forum

Top Top

[Advanced Search]