Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
34 user(s) are online (15 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 34

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +0€

Current balance: -125€
(last updated 10/2018)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 31 users playing Freelancer on 32 servers.
November. 14, 2018

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Nomads content pack
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Hmm. That ini chunk seems to be okay. I guess it's the missing textures and perspective that gave me wrong impression of effect offset. Not quite sure what's the deal with that though, all materials and textures are in a single shared .mat file. Unless you've had a typo when referencing the file in ship archetype definition, so be sure that all ships have correct reference to no2_playerships.mat. Granted main textures used there are 1024x1024, if all else fails try to scale them down perhaps.

If you want to make them look even nicer try make custom attached lights (light_equip.ini) and put them on runninglight hardpoints, some are on same spots used by turrets. Because of surface material blending mode they aren't going to visibly clip into geometry unlike on regular objects.

Posted on: 6/11 20:35
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
I haven't touched the textures, same as in the original download, so i'm a bit stumped myself atm. Because of the boss ship size, i've turned it into a giant turret and that works ok. It's just those lattice lines on the fin. for the engine fx which you normally can't have on a static object, i added an extra fx hardpoint where the engine one is and attached the engine effect to that. Don't know if that makes a difference

Posted on: 6/11 20:50
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
ALE effects used for engines are just like any other effects, you can make [AttachedFX] out of dsy_no2_bossengine01 and apply it to arbitrary hardpoint (including HpEngine01) of a static solar object. That's how I tested things without making them full-fledged ships as solars are much easier and quicker to define and put in system.

Posted on: 6/11 22:10
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
I just added the artillery ship and that worked out fine, forgot the engine trail fx you did so i've added that now to all the big engines as well. Apart from custom lights, that's the only thing missing. Think i've added everything now

Posted on: 6/11 22:37
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
The Artillery ship with the engine trail fx added

Open in new window

Posted on: 6/15 6:10
« 1 2 (3)