Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
25 user(s) are online (16 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 25

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +5€

Current balance: -85€
(last updated 11/2019)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 44 users playing Freelancer on 42 servers.
November. 22, 2019

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

Issues getting a server started.
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
So I am part of a community that has decided to get a Freelancer server up and going til the Star Citizen DFM is released of the final release of the game is released. I am running the project and we decided to run the Discovery Mod 4.87 MOD.

So I did a fresh vanilla install, install the 4.87 MOD and see that FLHOOK is already installed with the MOD. So I download the Disco Account Manager (DAM) and while that loads it never really comes up with anything. Continues to ask to update the account data base.

So first question, does the DAM have to be in the Freelancer Discovery MOD Directory?

So I run DAM first and then launch the FLserver and the FLHOOK comes up on the screen, I set up the server name, server password and takes a moment to load then comes out 0ms and seems to be running only error message that comes up is :

ERROR: Time lag detected seconds=1.895521 ticks_delta=6279561

Which I read on the forums might come up but normal. So I am like ok, launch game. ((Granted at this time DAM is not reading anything still, not even sure if it is working correctly)). So I launch the game, come to the server list, the NET servers show up, mine shows up.

So the on Internet switches from Y to N every few moments. So I try to connect to the server, put in the test password comes back as unable to connect. Just times out, which I have checked everything I could possible check.

I check the ports, all open, fire wall exceptions, made and open. I used port forward software to insure my router is set correctly.

So I am at a lost, 1 using the DAM and getting it to work. Secondly trying to connect to the server when I see it in the list.

Any advise would be helpful, as I am trying to get this up and going before the server box goes live later in the week. This is just a test server, and I am just going through the install and set up process to make it practiced when I get on the server box.

Thank you for your time.
~Lexton

Posted on: 2014/1/19 22:29
Re: Issues getting a server started.
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Update on post, I got DAM to work as I had the wrong version. Now that is working and I can see players connecting, creating account but once they load a char and get on the landing pad they are disconnected from server. Lost connection message, I have the correct ports forwarded and I can't connect ether now.

Posted on: 2014/1/20 5:37
Home away from home
From new jersey usa
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
make sure ports are open in your fire wall also. you should direct your comments to the Discovery community also some isps are not allowing servers to be run. so they will block your ports even though they are open and also check your settings on both the fl hook and disco account manager make sure they sync
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/814550 thats a listing of ports to open

Posted on: 2014/1/23 11:10
Open in new window
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for your response back to me. I figured it out which something with the position of files on the server. I posted here cause I couldn't post yet on the Discovery GC thread.

I am just learning the tweaking process now on the FLserver files.

Again Thank you for responding.

Posted on: 2014/1/26 22:01