Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
82 user(s) are online (37 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 81

sukothai, more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +0€

Current balance: 55€
(last updated 04/2021)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 82 users playing Freelancer on 39 servers.
May. 18, 2021

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

No disc unofficial patch?
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
I made sure to glance over the downloads page, and tried running a search on the topic, but apparently the search includes absolutely everything with disc in it, e.g discover, discuss, etc. so I didn't look over every thread closely. Anyway, there's some background for why I'm posting this, and to elaborate on the question a bit...

Has anyone made an unofficial no disc patch for Freelancer yet? I've the disc, and I've bought the game, so I know I could probably pirate the game without feeling too bad about it, however I was curious if there was a way to modify the existing installation to run without it. Not to mention, for such a dedicated community, it only makes sense that someone would do so. Preservation of information via conversion of all the data to a purely digital medium and perpetuation through the dedication and devotion of some hardcore fans mirroring it, and all that.

I'm rambling now, but do any of you know of any modifications to the .ini or anything to make it run without the physical medium that ties it down? Much appreciated if you respond, and even more so if your response includes any kind of yes/no/maybe so.

Posted on: 2011/1/9 23:50
Re: No disc unofficial patch?
Starport Admin
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
The no-cd is common knowledge by now, however it was never officially put up here due to the possible legal implications. Better safe than sorry, they say.

Most mods do however bundle the no-cd, so it's already circulating around very much. I guess we might as well have it directly available, so I've made one available here. Should be the clean, unedited version but if somebody has a copy I'd be thankful if they could run a comparison (mostly because I might've changed something to it, was laying in my FL directory).

Posted on: 2011/1/10 1:15
"Cynicism is not realistic and tough. It's unrealistic and kind of cowardly because it means you don't have to try."
-Peggy Noonan
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Ah, I still haven't completely played through vanilla Freelancer, so I haven't messed around with many mods, otherwise I (hopefully) would have come across that. Thanks for the quick response and putting it up there, downloaded it, copied it into the right folder, ran like a charm.

Posted on: 2011/1/10 1:49
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
This one should be clean.

€: Argh, file limit at this forums..:/

Posted on: 2011/1/10 17:32
Open in new window