Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
80 user(s) are online (44 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 80

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +5€

Current balance: 0€
(last updated 06/2020)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 32 users playing Freelancer on 42 servers.
July. 9, 2020

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

Infocards Separate But Can't Find Reference (Solved)

Group:
Registered Users
I've been used to how DLLs work for a while now, and something's been bothering me, though until now it hasn't been a major issue.

I've noticed that some things, such as bases and equipment, have a separate DLL number reference for their detailed descriptions and info, but I can never find this referenced in the base or equipment program files.

Before now the only issue with this was a base that was pretty nondescript so I ended up not writing that sort of info for it, but now i'm modding an additional level of thruster into the equipment table and would ideally like to give a description. I can't find where this would be referenced from, though, even though I know the numbers of all the info-cards for the vanilla thrusters, since the main table for thrusters and the like just has the name number copy-pasted as the info-card number.

I'm assuming this is just a piece of info stored in an INI file I haven't looked at yet. If so, i'd be grateful if someone could point me at it.

Posted on: 6/17 22:16
Re: Infocards Separate But Can't Find Reference
Starport Staff
From On my way back
Group:
Registered Users
Starport Staff
FLServer Admins
Infocardmap.ini in the Interface folder is where the magic occurs.

Bare statistics are directed by the base/planet entry in the whatever-system_01.ini file as ids_info = xxxxx

When you land on the base the visit flag changes and you can then access the bigger info card which is mapped in infocardmap.ini as

map = (system_ids_info)xxxxx, (bigger_infocard)xxxxx

I think there was a tutorial on this in the archive, just search for infocardmap

Posted on: 6/17 22:46
Re: Infocards Separate But Can't Find Reference

Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Thaddeus wrote:
Infocardmap.ini in the Interface folder is where the magic occurs.

Bare statistics are directed by the base/planet entry in the whatever-system_01.ini file as ids_info = xxxxx

When you land on the base the visit flag changes and you can then access the bigger info card which is mapped in infocardmap.ini as

map = (system_ids_info)xxxxx, (bigger_infocard)xxxxx

I think there was a tutorial on this in the archive, just search for infocardmap

Thank you. This is exactly what I was looking for. I should be fine without the tutorial now that I know where the file is, but it's good to have it there if I run into any problems.

Posted on: 6/17 22:59