Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
34 user(s) are online (18 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 34

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +10€

Current balance: -50€
(last updated 06/2019)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 48 users playing Freelancer on 31 servers.
July. 20, 2019

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

Subtitles Revisited [BETA]
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Hi everybody,

I decided some months ago to follow a bit the work that Larosh was doing with subtitles in his post:

https://the-starport.net/modules/newbb ... &order=ASC&status=&mode=0

So, here is the tool updated, and the subtitles for Story Mission added with some few mores. I will put here the PREVIEW section, but please, read the Readme.txt, as it explains how to install and what you need.

Code:

This mod is based on FLSubs library, created by László József Csöndes, known as Lorash user in The-Starport.net.

After seen the importance that the subtitles has in Freelancer Story Main Mission, I decided to re-use the source code of FlSubs and try to adapt it to the Spanish translation done (only .DLLs) by ClanDLAN.net users.

I have improved a bit the tool, Converter.exe and d3d8.dll, but because of my lack of knowledge in DirectX programming there are some things not implemented yet (and I have not intention to implement it).

Please, have in mind that I'm not English Speaker, so, I have transcribed the subtitles, the best I can. There are the subtitles for English and Spanish languages. You should rename the file to subtitles.xml for use with Converter.exe.

I have modified also some scripts and audios to improve the syncronicity of the  displayed subtitles with the images. This scripts and audios has been tested a couple of times in a full walkthrough of the main mission, but maybe there are some particular issues.

I hope the people enjoy this mod, it is very useful for those who want to read the subtitles in Cinematics and In-Flight dialogues, but in combats it is a bit difficult to read them while fighting.

And finally, here is the link with the tool. If you have any questions, please, don't heasitate to ask them.

https://mega.nz/#!GcRURQSZ!wdqCSZbX2Lm ... iShwotAVirDrPaDGqq-ZuJQJI

Posted on: 5/14 19:48