Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me



Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
51 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 50

Treewyrm, more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +10€

Current balance: -300€
(last updated 11/2017)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 51 users playing Freelancer on 28 servers.
December. 12, 2017

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users



 Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post



(@Adoxa) A question about / an issue with the XML Project
Home away from home
Joined:
2010/2/22 0:47
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Posts: 842
Offline
A long time ago I made an entire 'SDK' / database of all the files the UTF->XML tool could process. I am now using this to create additional voice entries for custom systems and bases. I just noticed two of the voices had some files / entries missing, so I decided to recreate the 'SDK' / database

But that doesn't work out in a desirable matter, as I will point out.

The .XML files in the old database have lines like this:
Quote:
<_x800932CC name="0x800932CC" type="file" filename="pilot_f_ill_m02_utf\gcs_refer_system_Br06-.wav"/>

and the corresponding audio file has been extracted; it is gcs_refer_system_Br06-.wav


The new .XML files however have lines like this:
Quote:
<_x803000CA name="0x803000CA" type="file" filename="pilot_c_ill_m01_utf\0x803000CA.wav"/>

There is a corresponding audio file 0x803000CA.wav.

(btw I have to use quote here instead of code because the letter makes the hash name displayed in weird ASCII signs)

The old situation is much more preferable of course. I know that Br06 is the Edinburgh system. I don't know what 0x803000CA refers to; I suppose I could figure that out but it will still be a way less desirable situation.

What has been happening here, and, more important, how can I extract .XML files in the 'old' way? Might this be some Win10 issue?

Having all the data in the 'hash code' version eliminates much of the charm and usefulness of the XML project; working with it is like maneuvering in the dark.

Posted on: 2017/12/1 0:05
Top
Re: (@Adoxa) A question about / an issue with the XML Project
Home away from home
Joined:
2009/8/16 2:58
From Qld, Aus.
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Trusted Speciality Developers
Senior Members
Posts: 1813
Offline
Sounds like you need to generate a new strings list. If it then still shows up as a hash, that means there's no reference to it in the audio inis.

Posted on: 2017/12/1 0:37
Top
Re: (@Adoxa) A question about / an issue with the XML Project
Home away from home
Joined:
2010/2/22 0:47
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Posts: 842
Offline
Ah okay... I tried that (without, to be honest, having more than a very vague idea what it would do) but I just had those voice UTFs isolated in a separate folder, and no stringlist was made. Now that I do it for Freelancer in its entirety it seems a list has at least been generated...

The issue remains, however

In my old pilot_f_ill_m01.utf.xml the first line is
Quote:

<_x800932CC name="0x800932CC" type="file" filename="pilot_f_ill_m01_utf\gcs_refer_system_Br06-.wav"/>


in the new one it is
Quote:

<_x800932CC name="0x800932CC" type="file" filename="pilot_f_ill_m01_utf\0x800932CC.wav"/>


The entry "gcs_refer_system_Br06-" is in the stringlist though....

(BTW all the entries in the new file are hash only)

So, what I can do / try?

(BTW it is 2:05 AM here, so I might -and should!- at a moment in the near future go get some sleep. The issue is dear to me nonetheless; this is not a 'vapor question' )



Posted on: 2017/12/1 1:06
Top
Re: (@Adoxa) A question about / an issue with the XML Project
Home away from home
Joined:
2009/8/16 2:58
From Qld, Aus.
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Trusted Speciality Developers
Senior Members
Posts: 1813
Offline
I tried it out on my virtual 10 and it seemed to work fine. How does it go if you explicitly run via the command line?

Code:
C:\Users\Jason>utfxml DATA\AUDIO\pilot_f_ill_m01.utf

C:\Users\Jason>fgrep 800932CC pilot_f_ill_m01.utf.xml
      <_x800932CC name="0x800932CC" type="file" filename="pilot_f_ill_m01_utf\­0x800932CC.wav"/>

C:\Users\Jason>utfxml -s XML\strings.lst DATA\AUDIO\pilot_f_ill_m01.utf

C:\Users\Jason>fgrep 800932CC pilot_f_ill_m01.utf.xml
      <_x800932CC name="0x800932CC" type="file" filename="pilot_f_ill_m01_utf\gcs_refer_system_Br06-.wav"/>

Posted on: 2017/12/1 12:39
Top
Re: (@Adoxa) A question about / an issue with the XML Project
Home away from home
Joined:
2010/2/22 0:47
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Posts: 842
Offline
Thanks, but man I'm bad with the command prompt (which, I just learned, is called 'PowerShell' in Win10). I managed to change the directory to C:\users; then realized my UTFXML is not located there but somewhere in a subsubsubfolder on the F: drive, which I didn't manage to change the dir to.

I'll make another 'SDK' / databse on my Win7 laptop. Consider this thread closed.

BTW I'm glad the website is back online again; coulnd't reach it for like 2 days or so.

Posted on: 2017/12/4 3:56
Top