Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
41 user(s) are online (27 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 41

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +5€

Current balance: -85€
(last updated 11/2019)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 35 users playing Freelancer on 38 servers.
December. 13, 2019

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

(1) 2 »

XRebirth
Home away from home
From Wales
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Just a heads up for all the X universe junkies out there, the next chapter, XRebirth will be out in the last quarter of this year.

XRebirth official page.

Posted on: 2011/4/21 21:40
Re: XRebirth
Starport Admin
From Germany
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
That looks and sounds epic, Im stoked.

Posted on: 2011/4/21 22:29
aka chaosgrid
https://www.freelancerserver.de
https://www.moddb.com/mods/fwtow

Group:
Registered Users
This should be good

Posted on: 2011/4/22 4:07
Anonymous
Anonymous-Anonymous
The video looks good as well

Posted on: 2011/4/22 8:00
Just can't stay away
From N/A
Group:
Banned!
Thats XAwesome!

Posted on: 2011/4/22 8:59
You're being ignored for:
Open in new window
seconds.

Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Well great, time to upgrade my PC again. ¬¬

Posted on: 2011/4/22 16:54
Open in new window
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
I'll reserve judgement until I know more

Been with X since X2 release. Won't be buying this unless the changes are significant enough to feel like a different game...eye candy and a few new aspects but the same underlying game mechanics are insufficient for me.

If it feels like the same game with a facelift, then I'll miss it. X Games are great, but playing them in succession you get bored in the new games very quickly as there isn't enough change to make it worthwhile.

I played X2 for hundreds of hours (maybe 300-500 hours plus).
I played X3 Reunion for perhaps 50 hours.
I played X3 Terran Conflict for about 5 hours...I didn't even finish the storyline.

Definitely need more info before my expectations start to move beyond "I'll be bored within 10 hours".

Having said that - front page news?

Posted on: 2011/4/22 16:55

Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Chips wrote:
I'll reserve judgement until I know more

Been with X since X2 release. Won't be buying this unless the changes are significant enough to feel like a different game...eye candy and a few new aspects but the same underlying game mechanics are insufficient for me.

If it feels like the same game with a facelift, then I'll miss it. X Games are great, but playing them in succession you get bored in the new games very quickly as there isn't enough change to make it worthwhile.

I played X2 for hundreds of hours (maybe 300-500 hours plus).
I played X3 Reunion for perhaps 50 hours.
I played X3 Terran Conflict for about 5 hours...I didn't even finish the storyline.

Definitely need more info before my expectations start to move beyond "I'll be bored within 10 hours".

Having said that - front page news?

even though this isn't freelancer I think it could use some front page news time. X Universe sandbox gameplay and economic freedom are something that we as modders should aspire to achieve within Freelancer.

Posted on: 2011/4/22 23:35
Starport Admin
From Germany
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
Hey guys, I totally agree, we even have a dedicated "space sim news" category. The main issue is we dont always have time to write news, so _please_ do submit news if you think something is worth to be on our front page
--> http://the-starport.net/freelancer/news/submit.php

Posted on: 2011/4/23 2:32
aka chaosgrid
https://www.freelancerserver.de
https://www.moddb.com/mods/fwtow
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
I have a lot to say about this, but I'll get around to it later. I'm honestly not impressed. While it looks good, there just isn't enough information to say anything definitive. Egosoft trailers have generally looked good, but are always misleading and not indicative of gameplay in any way. Past trailers were always ingame footage, but tended to be heavily scripted and feature situations and events that were completely implausible in the actual game.

I think the biggest mistake in this is keeping it in the X Universe. I don't like the X Universe at all. I've always felt that the universe they had written for themselves has always created huge limitations for what they could do with the game. These games have had the same structure since the very beginning, and ditching the X Universe would've been a great way to create a brand new immersive universe free of all the limitations imposed on themselves such as the rigidly structured sectors, jumpgates, and SETA. Don't get me started on why SETA is one of the worst design, gameplay, and universe decisions in the entire setting.

As for positive comments? I think it looks really nice. Graphically it looks excellent, particularly the new upper atmosphere station. I'm also glad that they are finally scrapping that decade old engine and starting anew. Aside from the universe, that ancient engine was the other thing holding these games back from reaching their potential.

Posted on: 2011/4/23 17:46
Open in new window
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
OT: @TSP-Staff: Are also other gaming news ok? For instance, an article about the humble bundle:
http://www.humblebundle.com/

I know it just lasts a few days but I would still write an article in a hurry, I think.

Posted on: 2011/4/23 17:50
Open in new window
Starport Admin
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
No, this is a Freelancer site first and a space sim site second. We won't start going in all directions and dilute what we cover, no matter how nice they are.

If you want to post space sim news, feel free.

Posted on: 2011/4/23 20:28
"Cynicism is not realistic and tough. It's unrealistic and kind of cowardly because it means you don't have to try."
-Peggy Noonan
Home away from home
From Wales
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
X-Rebirth finally gets a release date, 15th November for Europe and 19th for North America. More info and a wicked video here!

Posted on: 2013/8/9 13:56
Home away from home
From Xarania
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Im still playing X2, and still modding it too... if i pickup another game.. lol i'll never find time to work on my Freelancer mod.

Had the urge to try EVE.. but retreated from that as i know that would have been the end of my "free time".. why do good things always happen when i pick my mod back up and try to stay focused.. lmao.. dam internetz, it's a conspiracy i tell ya's!!

all that said.. I was looking at recent X games the other day.. seems the same stuff better gfx.. i may delve, but i really miss that "fear" of being loaded with codenames or perishables.. flying across the borderlands and getting pirated by another player.. "oh no's the loots!" something X games (nor anything else it seems) can't offer..

Posted on: 2013/8/9 21:33
Open in new window
http://freexlr.forumotion.net - FL-XLR MOD http://www.smfweb.com/forums/MERCHQ - [MERC]
Home away from home
From Wales
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
To hell with modding FL Xar, you're crazy enough as it is already. You're like me, never gonna finish a mod cos you'll either lose the plot or have a different idea half way through it, done that too many times already and it's not going to be any different no matter how many times we do it lol. Stick to playing games innit

I've backed Elite and star citizen, now Rebirth is coming out, FW:TOW can't be far off either, I'm trying to burn through all the games I bought in the steam summer sale and not making a dent cos I can't stop playing xcom lol. God help me when Rome 2 total war comes out end September, then battlefield 4, watch dogs and half a dozen other already released games from this year I'm still waiting for the right deal on. Who the hell is crazy enough to mod when there's so many quality games to play and steam and amazon keep selling them for next to nothing. My desktop is running out of room for icons after all these years, just as well 4k tv is around the corner cos then I'll have a shed load more room to fill

You know what, PC gaming has come back so strong this year I think I might ditch my consoles.

Posted on: 2013/8/9 23:11
(1) 2 »