Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (50 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +0€

Current balance: 55€
(last updated 04/2021)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 78 users playing Freelancer on 39 servers.
May. 18, 2021

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

(1) 2 3 »

Star Trek Online
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Just wondering if anyone is playing now that it's free to play?

Posted on: 2012/2/2 2:35
Galaxy Empire
Youtube Videos
Facebook
Re: Star Trek Online
Just can't stay away
From Bay Area, CA, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
It's not worth it till they roll out the next series of episodes. The new grind-or-pay economy really, really sucks.

I used to be a high-tier crafter, sold Aegis kits for decent e-cred. Now that crafting requires dilithium, it's no longer profitable, it actually puts you in the red. In fact, most things put you in the red now. And dont get me started on how long it takes to grind for the new STF gear.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 2:49
"Before I start, I'd like to apologize from all my heart in front of everybody for all the bad things I've done before posting this thread. (Sizer, I'll ALWAYS hate you)" - TheDVDMan
Starport Admin
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
I've downloaded it and have yet to play it.

If it gives me a few hours of fun I'll have considered it worthwhile, but I'm not gonna invest any kind of serious time into that.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 2:56
"Cynicism is not realistic and tough. It's unrealistic and kind of cowardly because it means you don't have to try."
-Peggy Noonan
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Actually I have rather enjoyed it. Haven't wasted my time crafting since I don't need those items nor wish to sell them. Make plenty enough stuff to sell by doing missions plus I'm part of a fleet so I just throw some dilithium in the fleet bank and get one of the gold members to craft what I want (only 2 items so far).

In just a week and a half, I've made 150k energy credits, 12k dilithium and rank 38. Not a hard game to play and alot of story arcs to do... If you see me on there then friend me, already met a few fellow FL players, even some senior members. I go by Lancer_Solurus...

Posted on: 2012/2/2 3:46
Galaxy Empire
Youtube Videos
Facebook
Just can't stay away
From Bay Area, CA, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
oh, dont get me wrong, the gameplay is pretty good. The problem is that I've played since launch, burned through the content to max level at the time in a week or so, waited a quarter year, played through the new content in 3 days, waited a half year, did the same again.

Cryptic just isnt good at doing new content in lumps that keep me happy. Call me odd, but I dont like grinding the same 3 raids 10 times a day, every day.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 8:52
"Before I start, I'd like to apologize from all my heart in front of everybody for all the bad things I've done before posting this thread. (Sizer, I'll ALWAYS hate you)" - TheDVDMan
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Their servers are slow as hell

I downloaded the game today so that I'd give it a try and see how it is. It took like 2 hours or more to download and that's incredibly long considering I usually download a file of a similar size in like 30 minutes from other places. Then waited for it to install .... after that I said "finally it's done" but no, when I ran the game it started to download a patch, 500mb in size, that was half an hour ago and it's still not done. Wtf, I have to wait an entire day to play this god damn game. By the time it finishes setting up I'll probably be sick and tired of the game already.

... not a good day for gaming ...

Edit: actually, my bad, it was more than 2 hours considering I started downloading the game when I saw Lancer's reply and that was at 5:46, now it's 11:54.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 9:54
* Download 100+ of my original models *
Home away from home
From Wales
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Pando downloader sucks monkey butt! I've been downloading it for over a week now, couple of hours every day. Probably never play much anyway, same as black prophecy, but can't grumble for free like.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 10:26
Not too shy to talk
From Glasgow, Scotland
Group:
Registered Users
Trusted Speciality Developers
It's a fun game, I personally hate the away missions but the space missions are pretty cool, I do agree the three end raids the STF missions could be better, or atleast some different missions. I like the customisation, that's pretty cool.

All in all i like the game.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 15:05
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Well today is a bit of a bad day to download. They just released 2 new ships u can get for free simply by doing a simple mission. The servers are packed, it usually doesn't take me but a couple of minutes to patch but it took right at 8 minutes for this one.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 20:25
Galaxy Empire
Youtube Videos
Facebook
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Finally got around to playing the game and I kinda like it. The only downside that I see is that it is repetitive as most of the missions I did were basically the same thing with a different name.
I'll add you as friend LS once I figure out how to do it cause there are tons of menus and options in there

Side note: I'm downloading the game again, this time on my laptop and on a low speed wireless connection at work, so I hope to have it done by next Christmas.

Posted on: 2012/2/2 23:38
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Actually all I need is your user name in-game and I can send you a friends request. Its [email protected], mine is [email protected]_solurus

Posted on: 2012/2/3 2:28
Galaxy Empire
Youtube Videos
Facebook
Just can't stay away
From Bay Area, CA, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
I'll be re dl'ing to play the new Feature Episode coming out. If any of ya'll need help/want company grinding up to VADM, im Garrus [email protected]

Posted on: 2012/2/3 6:46
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Just a quick question: I just got an Odyssey class ship from a mission but looks like I can't use it. Any idea what "level" I need to be to use it ? Or what I need to do to activate it.

This is it:
http://www.stowiki.org/Special_Requis ... Pack_-_Odyssey_Class_Ship

When I try to use it is says:
"You do not meet the requirements for this item"
But what are the requirements hehe ?

Currently I'm Lieutenant ( 8 )

Posted on: 2012/2/3 15:42
Just can't stay away
From Bay Area, CA, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
It's a VADM ship, so max level.

Posted on: 2012/2/3 19:40
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
AKA level 50, one nice thing is you gt a free ship when you rank up (IE from commander to captain), every 10 levels.

Posted on: 2012/2/3 21:47
Galaxy Empire
Youtube Videos
Facebook
(1) 2 3 »