Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
20 user(s) are online (11 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 19

khayman, more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +5€

Current balance: -45€
(last updated 09/2019)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 78 users playing Freelancer on 40 servers.
October. 19, 2019

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

(1) 2 »

Haven Admins hacked?
Starport Admin
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
http://talonstrike.co.uk/HavenAdmin/index.php

Open in new window

It seems like HA got hacked by some stupid and unknown person, most likely just for the "fun" of it. I'd like to know if anybody knows whether X or Dazzla are aware of this issue... You also may want to check what password you used over there, since it may have been compromised.

Anyone who has more information on the matter is free to speak up.

FF

Posted on: 2008/7/29 3:00
"Cynicism is not realistic and tough. It's unrealistic and kind of cowardly because it means you don't have to try."
-Peggy Noonan
Re: Haven Admins hacked?
Starport Admin
From Germany
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
funny hacker embedding the Portal credits song

Posted on: 2008/7/29 4:08
Just can't stay away
From Trade Lane Watching
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I just saw the same message and I don't know if they know about this or not?

There are so many hacker websites out there and the government is more concerned about reading our e-mails than stopping hackers from doing what they're doing themselves.

This shit's getting rediculous. Excuse my, French, Greman, Spanish, Deutch, etc... It means tha same in any language. ;D

Posted on: 2008/7/29 5:28
Open in new window
Freelancer, 16 years old and still playing the game.

Is Juni here?
Just can't stay away
From the Netherlands
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Yesterday i was suprised to. Or maybe not suprised....
Seems somebody is trying to break the whole FL world down, only for his/her own fun.

Or must we see again what he/she can do ?
Some only don't seem to realize that with this kind of actions, the people only puke them out, instead of helping them.

Posted on: 2008/7/29 9:53
Open in new window
~~My spells are dangerous~~

WTS for the Game. WTS for the World
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
I seriously seriously seriously doubt it's anything to do with FL Wicked_Witch, so don't worry.
The "hacker" will have found a well documented exploit that's most likely remained un-patched - exploits are (when found) usually available as a downloadable program. Most of the "Hackers" are just annoying twits, they run a script that someone else programmed that does it all for them - they have no real knowledge.

This happened to me a while back, an exploit was found in Joomla and I hadn't kept it bang up to date... they found the site with a simple google search for com_nameofthevulerablecomponent which is part of the URL, or when the forum was hacked, they'd done a search for the invision footer that is at the bottom of the unlicensed free version of invision 1.3

Searching for j__uanker shows several smf forums he's registered at. Maybe he tried three places before finding one he could actually hack into - I don't know, just assuming. When we were done - a day later a "hacked by Kirac" search on google showed about 20+ forums hacked by the same guy. He'd done a google search for unregistered invision 1.3 forums - got the addresses and then ran the python script he'd downloaded from some hacking site, gained access through a sql exploit, and then messed about.

My suggestion would be firstly ensure it's all patched up to date with the latest patches, and that the php settings aren't too loose and therefore allow exploits to occur. Passwords obviously shouldn't be too easy as I'm sure some exploits return the hashed password for an admin account which is then cracked as well.

Posted on: 2008/7/29 10:41
Starport Admin
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
I think that's the main issue with HA... I don't think it's well looked after and updated. It's rather inactive, so maybe nobody's even bothering to upgrade it anymore?

Posted on: 2008/7/29 15:26
"Cynicism is not realistic and tough. It's unrealistic and kind of cowardly because it means you don't have to try."
-Peggy Noonan
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Banned!
azza used similar exploits when attacking starport and swat

Posted on: 2008/7/29 15:53
Starport Admin
Group:
Webmasters
Registered Users
At least no administrator account has been compromised over here or on SWAT...

Posted on: 2008/7/29 15:55
-Peggy Noonan
Just can't stay away
From Upper Midwest, USA
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
I suspect that was just someone we might know with too much time on his hands. Maybe he is trying to redefine the topic bump on yet another community site.

OPR8R may very well have the right idea. As I recall the events now, I just kept getting this bad taste, and we forced to live with no mouth wash to get rid of it. So I left, like most of you and didn't look back. Sad shame it will not stay in it's little "Domain" and leave us and the rest of the Freelancer Community alone.

Well,, Who ever it is,, Go bug the X-Box sites if you want to annoy Microsoft, they don't care about Freelancer anymore.

Posted on: 2008/7/30 6:57
Grey-Wolf can be found Prowling WTS-WORLD
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Trusted Speciality Developers
Quote:

Well,, Who ever it is,, Go bug the X-Box sites if you want to annoy Microsoft, they don't care about Freelancer anymore.

ROFL
No - try to hack the prize tables from the oil concerns

*just kidding*

Posted on: 2008/7/30 7:16
Open in new window
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Quote:

I suspect that was just someone we might know with too much time on his hands. Maybe he is trying to redefine the topic bump on yet another community site.  

OPR8R may very well have the right idea. As I recall the events now, I just kept getting this bad taste, and we forced to live with no mouth wash to get rid of it. So I left, like most of you and didn't look back. Sad shame it will not stay in it's little "Domain" and leave us and the rest of the Freelancer Community alone.

It's HIGHLY unlikely that this was done by someone known... it's just not how these particular defacements occur ffs... trust me! Additionally, the modus operandi matches typical hackers of these types of forum/portal/cms systems - and not the previously utilised methods known folks have used. The language, the music, the claims made.

For instance, they are running SMF 1.1.3
You can websearch for that....

http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en& ... MF+1.1.3%22&start=10&sa=N

You'll note not all the results are relevant, but on second page you start finding forum installs that are out of date by 2 versions...

You'll also note that in the search results you find sites linking to the hacks available.
SMF forums themselves have reported sql injection vulnerabilities within SMF 1.1.4 - so therefore probably exist in 1.1.3 as well (I haven't spent more than 2 minutes looking into this and found not only potential exploits but hundreds of forums which are running the vulnerable software!) and here is a relevant post identifying this:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=252536.0

Notice the date of his hack.. it's recent, as is this one too.

Here's what a simple web search on the first page for Powered by SMF 1.1.3 yielded - an exploit.
http://www.elitehackers.info/forums/showthread.php?t=12907

Maybe it's a possibility someone with a grudge did it, always possible - but to what aim? What gain? What extent?
Much more likely it's random hackers just hacking forums to put up their message of how great they are and that's it. If I had a grudge, I wouldn't inform folks I hacked the forum... i'd keep it quiet and undermine them by making things fail over time.
(having a hacked website playing music with your title credits of hacking is near signature of the turks by the way)

Posted on: 2008/7/30 10:26
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Banned!
it could have been everybody (including known ppl)
for what aim?
well - normal thinking ppl that are more interested in creation than in destruction can hardly say that
when SP + SWAT got hacked it was because of "me having possible contact with torch" ... quiete a good reasons right? O_o

Posted on: 2008/7/30 11:59
Home away from home
From new jersey usa
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
why dont they do something resourceful with theyre time like find a cure for some alement or something.

Posted on: 2008/7/30 13:40
Open in new window
Starport Admin
From The Netherlands
Group:
Registered Users
Starport Admin
Senior Members
Quote:

it could have been everybody (including known ppl)
for what aim?
well - normal thinking ppl that are more interested in creation than in destruction can hardly say that
when SP + SWAT got hacked it was because of "me having possible contact with torch" ... quiete a good reasons right? O_o

Duh, you just was being manipulated by Torch to run the SWAT site.
That was the main reason. We all get manipulated by Torch, thats why all have to suffer.

Thats a decent explanation. Not? :

Posted on: 2008/7/30 13:53
Open in new window
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Banned!
yeah true
whatever happens.... blame torch ^^

Posted on: 2008/7/30 14:06
(1) 2 »