Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
50 user(s) are online (35 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 50

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +50€

Current balance: -75€
(last updated 08/2018)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 39 users playing Freelancer on 29 servers.
August. 14, 2018
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (Freestalker.fr)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

(1) 2 3 4 ... 32 »

Re: OpenGL Rendering
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Freelancer will now be subtitled :
"Trent in Wonderland" as it is so marvelous.

Posted on: Yesterday 11:35
Topic | Forum

Re: 3D Model Showroom
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Nice work !

Posted on: 7/21 22:29
Topic | Forum

Re: Should we learn Windoze and/or *Nix
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I know but I prefer to have a leeway. I have no SSD. I would like to put some money into new hardware but I prefer to keep my money until I later get a job, if I have no sure income, I prefer to spend as tiniest as possible money. I recently bought a new monitor, HDD and some Berserk manga and I think it's sufficient. I will surely spend more money on Berserk and audio CDs.

Posted on: 7/21 22:28
Topic | Forum

Re: System resizer ?
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
That was already done in the executable I put in the exe folder of my mod. But thanks to have post the link to the solution even if I already knew it.

Posted on: 7/21 21:32
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Great to see that you have remaining 3D models to show.

Quote:
And I was perhaps wrong about the last model you'll see from me here. There are many more models, but promised to another mod in development. Only that mod might not happen. The main Dev has been off the grid for some time. If the mod is scrapped then since they've been already packed up months ago, they'll show up here. However as I said, I won't (can't) produce new ones.

Too bad you are not able to produce any other 3D model. There is less expensive and free ways to make 3D models, too.

Posted on: 7/19 16:47
Topic | Forum

Re: Should we learn Windoze and/or *Nix
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Ah ! That's clearer.

I think I have not enough memory to run VM, I only have 4GB of mems, it's the minimal but not the recommended. ^^' I have to spend money on new hardwares but I don't think it will matter in a daily utilization. Just for an upscaler, even if it's one of the most advanced upscaler, it's totally disproportional.
I know the site you put but it's not as strong as SRGAN, there is let'senhance.io but it's not free and the subscription is a little bit expensive.

Next time if I have to post something off topic, I will think about spam board.

Posted on: 7/19 16:38
Topic | Forum

Re: [The Starport News]Recent Downtimes: Another HDD Failure
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
What ? Google is using bots ? Ow... I ignored that... ¬>¬
Thx for the explanation !

Off topic :
@ Helloween : I hope I understood what you were implying.
Everybody doesn't have the will and the knowledge to get working a free os like Linux. Windows is the most common OS that has the biggest amount of software and moreover I hate linux only software. Recently, I wanted to use a SRGAN AI picture upscaler to see its behavior but it always turns in coding and linux/mac distributed software to make it working. I really don't understand how to use it without learning linux. I don't understand how Gits are working on windows.

Posted on: 7/18 14:53
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Erm... Sorry but I don't have the feeling that it's a great place for politic. You don't really know the inclination of people, it's better to don't know political tastes of people, it allows us to remain in good moods. I don't really know the tacit rules of this forum a lot but it's better to put this 3D model screenshot in a satiric forum.

I put one time a topic about TV/monitor calibration back in 2012 and despite the fact I have a greater knowledge of color science, I don't know if it will be the right place to post something related to it except if it's directly FL related.

@ FrienlyFire : I will never talk about it anymore. I was so bored that I was just nerd nit-picking. It's just the tiniest, less significant and the most difficult to remember detail inside the whole game. In summary : "Oh. A star. To info : [...]" one day later : no remembrance...

It's the last model you post on the forum, it's rather sad. I enjoyed watching your 3d models.

I hope I did not hurt you in some ways.

Posted on: 7/16 20:59
Topic | Forum

Re: [The Starport News]Recent Downtimes: Another HDD Failure
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Ah ! That was the reason I recently had some weird problem with the search engin !

I hope the site will not get other downtime, it's really annoying...

Where do the bots can come from ?

Posted on: 7/16 20:09
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Ok I will see what I can do. In fact, it's resize systems and fix everything. I've fixed the wrong part placement of Norfolk Shipyard.
I think using a matrix calculator would be a great way to fix the wrong placement but why does the Syscalc miss that ?

I changed the size of the li dread and cru. I created a spacial formation for BB formation and I rescaled the FXs. I changed the scale apparence and the pressure but do I have to change the frequency of the emitters ?

I also attach a screen that shows something wrong, I think it has something to do with steering torque, rotation inertia, angular drag and perhaps mass. I don't know if I scale by 3.6 the dread I divide values or multiply.

Attach file:

jpg  screen195.jpg (261.50 KB)
5161_5b463770a6ac1.jpg 1920X1080 px

Posted on: 7/11 18:01
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
It works. Thanks ! I just needed confirmation.

Where do the random crashes come from ? Are systems too big ? Is there corrupted zones or patrol path ?

Posted on: 7/7 16:15
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I put my own fl executable, planets and nebulae are shown correctly but I have a weird nav map problem, everything is outside it. The scale of the nav map is too small. How can I change it ?
I have to find a way to make a proper station parts placement... I think I missed something with Sys Calc... But I don't know what.
And I have also some "random" crash problem.

By the way, I made a clean install of Freelancer and my "OS problem" has been solved.

Posted on: 7/6 22:55
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Thank you Adoxa ! That was just the SDK I needed.

@ Moonhead : Stars are fine but as you said nebulae... :/ I used the system calculator but the parts of the Norfolk shipyard are not placed correctly, they are interlaced.

Now I have a big problem on my OS, I try to replace and copy paste Freelancer.exe in my installation folder by activating a mod or manually but the folder is "Destination Folder Access Denied" I tried everything but it doesn't work... Any idea ? Please ?

Edit : How do I change the area shown by the mini map ?

Posted on: 7/5 20:23
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Ok ! Thanks ! I think it's that. The attachement works well.

In fact if I resize all station parts, it could be awesome to have a faster process to relocate these parts, for exemple "The Ring" in New Berlin.

The stations have to be 5.5 time bigger in order to have realistic size so I have to resize the system by 5.5 in order to have accurate element placement. After I think that I will have to change the speed of ships to be 5.5X faster cause I tried to fly around a station on an old test and that looked slow as hell.

I will look at how the software behave with the New York system.

PS : You understood well what I said. I hope you will understand this message.

Edit : I would like to use the JFLP but on adoxa's website, it's in .bin and I can't open it, is there a way to have a .zip or .rar version ?

Posted on: 7/4 11:33

Edited by Freestalker.fr on 2018/7/4 11:44:06
Topic | Forum

System resizer ?
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Hey ! It made a long time I didn't post something on this forum.

I'm planning to continu my resize project. If I remember well, there is a tool that allow you to resize a system but I don't remember the name, in order to resize the stations. Or my remembrance is not so accurate.

Posted on: 6/30 11:44

Edited by Freestalker.fr on 2018/6/30 14:48:21
Topic | Forum

Top Top
(1) 2 3 4 ... 32 »

[Advanced Search]