Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
48 user(s) are online (16 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 47

Schmackbolzen, more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +10€

Current balance: -300€
(last updated 11/2017)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 49 users playing Freelancer on 29 servers.
December. 12, 2017
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (Freestalker.fr)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

(1) 2 3 4 ... 30 »

Re: [The Starport News]Recent Downtimes: Another HDD Failure
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
It's great that this time it wasn't a bad guy that did nasty things, but I hope it will not happen every 3 years, HDDs are meant to live 5 years for Google, and they works at their max level. If it happens once again you should buy a "Durability HDD" if this technology has improved, but it remains hard to tell when HDD will die. Mine is still running after nearly ten years despite the fact it's a Packard Bell OEM HDD (it's a Western Digital).

Posted on: 2017/12/5 17:17
Topic | Forum

Re: I finally got the Original Game Soundtrack on CD!!
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Erm... I just forgot to mention that... I hoped that was just the people which uploaded that switched the names. That wasn't the case.

I'm listening the musics and that's better, not because of encoding or better master, just because my headphone was badly equalized... My HP lacks of a certain amount of frequencies around 6 or 7 kHz resulting in a not so defined sound. It made a long time I better equalized. I really suspect that low quality vanilla FL musics boost trebles to compensate the lack of treble extension, but that's just a supposition.

I would like to thank you to have created your own website from scratch where we can DL these files. Despite the fact it's simple, it's so useful and secured.

Posted on: 11/18 10:29
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
If you upload it, I will slap you and I will eat your ears.

Jokes appart, you can upload it as you wish. I am not opposed to that.

For me, I have the FLAC version so I will surely do an upload (if my external HDD isn't dead... (._.) ). I let you upload the MP3 VBR version, it is a nice encoding method so it's not bad.

But there is something that I would like to know. Is the rip I downloaded the same as the CD, has it been modified or untouched ? =_=

Posted on: 11/16 16:29
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Haha ! I saw this too but didn't purchase. Glad to see you have it in your collection ! But, sorry, the sound quality is the same as the wav files that you find on mod db, so it's better to DL it on this platform (I recently found the audio on my external HDD, I compared the CD and the mod). Despite that, the DVD is a nice buy, have a good time watching it .

FLAC is a narrow free way to quality, take it and you will not be deceived. Foobar2000 is your guide to rip CD use it widely..

Posted on: 11/15 22:00
Topic | Forum

Re: Donation Appreciation Thread
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
OK ! Thanks !

Posted on: 11/3 17:39
Topic | Forum

Re: Donation Appreciation Thread
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I send you a donation in July. Is it me you identified as "Anonymous" ?

-_-' (Sorry if I seem to be arrogant...)

Posted on: 11/2 17:58
Topic | Forum

Re: Re: Freelancer and Windows 10
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Talking about Starlancer, is there a way to force it 24bit colors depth? Because the color depth is really low on recent OSs.

Posted on: 8/20 11:18
Topic | Forum

Re: Freelancer soundtrack remaster.
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I put another file.

IW Battle

It's between Schmack remaster and mine. Mine was quite weird to hear because that didn't fit to the global ambiance of the track but here it fits more to the general ambiance without sacrificing some punch and clarity.

@ Schmack : Many thanks to you for your criticism that allowed me to push this remaster so high. Now I'm satisfied because you showed me a way to recreate the ambiance and also avoid background noise. I just combined our 2 works to give something better. I would like to know what you think about that.

Posted on: 8/17 11:08
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members

Posted on: 8/16 23:12
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I'm creating a 2nd redo, here it's better because I take in count every aspect of the spectrum, I check everything. I will post some samples tomorrow but first, I have to check if the CD soundtrack is better than the current material. I think you will prefer this remaster than the last one I did, it give me the impression that I'm in front of an orchestra without any speakers, it's very spacious and real.

Posted on: 8/16 22:38
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I've found the way, I just equalize before 10kHz and after it's flat. For example I boost 10 kHz for about 6 dB then higher frequency have the same boost. I'm doing a sort of shelving filter with a corner frequency of 10k and not a peaking filter with a center frequency at 20k. We have no clue of what it should be after 10k, so I let them with the same slope but I have boosted them and the sound is not too harsh to hear, the result is nice, despite it's not as fantastic as my first days on this remaster, no more thrills now.

PS : Omicron musics get severely hurt by the mastering, and now, it's really clear after my remaster.

Posted on: 8/16 20:17
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Thank you! Bolt and Schmack.

Schmack, your master in the lows is nice and reflect totally what it should be. But in the highs the sound lacks of punch and remind me too much the low quality master of the CD soundtrack, you have to remind that the CD OST is here to give the data, if the treble line is not like the vanilla OST, it cannot make the spatialisation correct and make the sound compressed.

Kusari is normally cold and spacious, it allows you to breath like when you are under the see, the sound design tends to remind you of documentaries music. It's something between calmness (zen mood) and brightness (sparkling blue everywhere so higher trebles).

I concede that the background noise is changing and the sound become noisy. There is a VST called Voxengo Redunoise that can learn the noise via the spectrum for that, it's incredible!

Posted on: 8/13 20:00
Topic | Forum

Re: Base missions weirdness
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Strangely, the vignette is inside the population zone. I think the game doesn't know what to do.

Try to put encounters in the exclusion zone near the base. It's the case for Chugoku.

Attach file:

jpg  Chugoku_exclusion_zone_with_encounter.JPG (243.55 KB)
5161_598f46433bf9f.jpg 1866X972 px

Posted on: 8/12 19:18
Topic | Forum

Re: Base missions weirdness
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Probably that?

Attach file:

jpg  BW11.JPG (249.61 KB)
5161_598f0ff284552.jpg 1917X995 px

Posted on: 8/12 15:25
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I made some comparison and your's is more accurate in the high mids from 1k to 6k, as for mine, that was before I made a refined process, that wasv one of my first files, so it isn't the case for all the files of the comparison pack. I put a screenshot of the spectrum of vanilla, schmack one and my one.

We are both right. But I want to make it! Schmack, you've already done a lot for this community, so could you let me do that? please? It makes me happy and allow me to work in one of my beloved domain. If I struggle with this task I will surely ask for some help but for now it seems that I prefer to do this myself. Do not believe it's against you, I really like you, it's just to force me to do a project and you've a lot of work to do with your OpenGL wrapper, it's a long and tough task to do, concentrate you on this, you've no time to lose in this, you're not Atlas!

Attach file:

jpg  Remaster_spectrum_comparison.JPG (383.78 KB)
5161_598ed814e3f7d.jpg 1461X1031 px

Posted on: 8/12 12:05
Topic | Forum

Top Top
(1) 2 3 4 ... 30 »

[Advanced Search]