Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
39 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 39

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +30€

Current balance: -35€
(last updated 05/2019)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 43 users playing Freelancer on 41 servers.
May. 23, 2019
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (eigos)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: OpenGL Rendering
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
if you have Discord, hit me up, I will hook you up with this: https://sketchfab.com/models/e7a1b0d441c74d848f6744fb273eb38e

I have a more detailed model in the works, but it isnt textured yet.
Im experimenting with PBR on bits of the ship, though: https://p3d.in/eodqr

P.S. my discord is eigos #4005

Posted on: 2/6 13:59
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Wenn es bereit zum Testen ist, dann schreibe ich dir auf jeden Fall mein Feedback dazu

Hoffe dass es bald so weit ist, sieht super aus in den Videos!

Posted on: 12/19 11:45
Topic | Forum

Re: Librelancer 2018.12
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
I am using Lanceredit extensively for 5 months now and my pipeline is pretty much set:

1.) make mesh in blender, texture it, export collada, import to lanceredit, export working CMP;

*The DAE export options I use are the default ones (triangulating on export works flawlessly, although mirrored meshes might be better off getting triangulated BEFORE applying the mirror, to keep consistent shading on the tris). I do click on the "sort by object name" option, to make multi-part CMP's have their parts be sorted by name upon export.

2.) create MAT file (a new method I use is to set Lanceredit to create materials embedded in the CMP, then just grab them and move them to a separate MAT).

**Lanceredit can import any image file format directly and convert it to your desired texture format (DXT1-5 and others), producing incredible quality results.

3.) animate the CMP (I do some of the work in UTF Editor 3, like copy-pasting nodes from my other animated CMPs because its a bit faster with drag/drop).

***Lanceredit can PREVIEW animations (both mesh animations AND texture animations)

4.) make the hardpoints and make use of the "free flight" controls to navigate around the model to see it from any angle I want;

5.) wait for it.... PROFIT!

A big shoutout to Ichiru for making all this possible!

P.S. Did you know you can preview ALE effects and STARSPHERES with Lanceredit? ))

Posted on: 12/17 8:40
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Can we test this in your mod? My Nvidia GT 880m died, so now I am using the Intel HD 4600 that my Core i7 has. I can provide any feedback you want, if you need people to test your wrapper with

Posted on: 12/1 14:06
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Or someone has other alternative to xNormal ? Because I can't make occlusion map working.

Try using Sketchfab, its an online model upload & viewing service.
Here is one of my models: https://sketchfab.com/models/da1ffd1deff543a3a94403f54557df6b

Posted on: 2018/4/2 10:06
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users

Posted on: 2018/3/15 10:12
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
I think the latest videos show the best look, cleanest height reflections and a very pleasing metallic feel.

I literally cannot wait to test the looks in your mod and in the back of my mind I hope, after its first release in the New Universe mod, that you'd be willing to share the renderer for other mods to use.

It is fascinating and humbling to see the work you put into it and the quality (you are from Germany after all, where quality is at the forefront of everything). Really great job, that's all I can say!

P.S. What's your vision for nomads, how would they look with heightmaps, will they get that organic feel or more like a shiny crystalline exterior?

Posted on: 2018/1/30 11:13
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
So... how were your holidays?

Posted on: 2018/1/8 18:23
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Any new developments on the graphics?

Posted on: 2017/11/6 10:45
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Looks even better! I'd like to get my hands on that renderer as soon as possible!~

Question: the heightmaps, are you putting them into the MAT or are they separate in a folder somewhere? How do you reference them for the renderer to work with it?

Posted on: 2017/10/15 9:20
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Any progress or news?

Posted on: 2017/10/5 13:38
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
Hi Schmackbolzen, Ive been following this thread for a year now and decided to register yesterday, so I can ask some questions.

1.) Will this renderer work for other Freelancer mods? I am coming from DiscoveryGC.

2.) How far along is the renderer from finishing? It looks absolutely amazing so far, I love the shadows and the bumpmaps.

3.) On the technical side, what modifications are you making to the vanilla models? Besides editing the MAT files and adding bumpmaps, what else needs doing for the renderer to have impact? Any specular maps and stuff like this?

I really hope you get to finish it and I hope even more that it will be available to work with other mods. It will really help to keep old Freelancer running for a bit longer!

Posted on: 2017/6/12 12:42
Topic | Forum

Top Top

[Advanced Search]