Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
87 user(s) are online (45 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 87

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +0€

Current balance: 55€
(last updated 04/2021)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 54 users playing Freelancer on 47 servers.
July. 1, 2022
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (trichomes)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: Discovery 4.85 HD
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
If that's the case, then I would like an answer as to being able to reshare this repack. I know for a fact, if you look at vanilla freelancer starspheres and models in the original game and Discovery's mod, they don't look even close to the vanilla starsphere's and models that aren't used in crossfire freelancer folder. Maybe no vanilla is used, but someone had to improve the vanillas for some reason, wether they used them or not, there is a huge difference. Maybe if you or someone from this site downloaded the repack, they can take a look, look at the first system, pittsburgh I believe, I know you don't use pittsburgh in your mod, but you have the same vanilla starsphere that is used in pittsburgh, and planets/models. And your vanilla starspheres that are or were included in that version, keep in mind, this is 2 years ago, are much higher resolution, even though they're not being used you say.

I'm looking at the starsphers right now, instead of just being Li04, they are labeled cf_starsphere_br01, these starsphere's, which ARE vanilla freelancer, are the exact same starspheres, but with much higher resolution, if your team didn't improve the vanillas, and just renamed them, and used maybe someone else's work, then can you provide that person, and I will ask and give credit to that person if possible.

Posted on: 2012/10/17 2:58
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
You misunderstood what I was saying about vanilla, the starspheres and anything else I used was vanilla freelancer, I'm not talking about crossfire. I did not use any original made graphics or models made by the crossfire team, all files used were vanilla that crossfire gave a higer resolution to, or added more polys to. I would not and never will just use models or anything that someone designed on their own. And I'm telling the truth about requesting permission, as you can see, I just made this account to post this share, my original account and email I just can't find since it's been years. I was deleting crap off several external Hdd's and throwing out DVD's, and I just thought it wouldn't be a big deal if I finally shared what I felt made Discovery look fantastic, I should've tried to reach out again, I'm sorry.

On another note:

And if crossfire had lan, I would've never went through the hassle of editing a zillion files to make Discovery look on par to crossfire. You say you don't mind about LAN, but I never seen anything released or explaining how to run a lan with crossfire. I love your work, but like I said, I play with the wife and kids and some friends only, and only on LAN with no internet.

And also, this is the only site I tried to share this repack with, in which case, the link was removed, and the repack has been destroyed, it's reasons like these that I don't deal with mod communities, you just don't understand what it means to be a REAL mod community....good luck!

Posted on: 2012/10/16 6:28
Topic | Forum

Re: Setting Up A LAN Game.
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
I have the same issue on win7, but the funny thing is, if you keep refreshing the browser button in the server list, eventually, sometimes it takes several attempts, you will get an ip showing. Atleast with me, I noticed that I have what looks like a MAC address, I refresh until I see my 192.x.x.x ip, and everything works at that point. I haven't figured out a way, maybe the registry way works, but you can definately keep refreshing until, unless, your server list shows your ip and you still don't connect, that's different.

Posted on: 2012/10/16 6:14
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
I knew even after 2 years someone from crossfire would still QQ about this, hence, why I never released it...I gave credits all over the place to both mod teams, I have tried reaching out 2 years ago, but never received a response from crossfire team for permission. For you to say discovery people steal, please....it's a mod. I would have loved to play crossfire, but it seems your team feels they made this game and own the rights to it, there is no lan play, that's all I play with with the wife and friends, hence, why I don't play the crossfire mod to begin with. Your graphics are nice, but you didn't make them from scratch, they are freelancer backgrounds with higher resolution. Everything else in this pack I editited and tweaked myself. So, you see, I can't play crossfire on lan, that's why 2 years ago, I decided to use crossfire vanilla freelancer graphics and merge them into discovery. And this was never shared or hosted or anything. It was for me, and me only. I only decided to share it finally since both MOD teams are on later versions, and didn't think heads would cry about it.....but whatever, keep your mod, I really don't care, but don't tell someone to play it, when it's only client side, and you can't play lan like I would like to, cause you think your source is so precious. It's all about Chris Roberts right now anyway..........later and sorry for the stress I caused anyone, I meant no harm.

Posted on: 2012/10/5 20:49
Topic | Forum

Discovery 4.85 HD
Just popping in
Group:
Registered Users
DISCOVERY 4.85 HD HYBRID PACK

Make sure Discovery is not running when adding folders and files.

Make sure you have version 4.85 discovery mod.

Place this folder in your FLMM mod folder "MAKE SURE THIS FOLDER NAME MATCHES YOURS", also make sure to over-write files and folders when asked.

Once files are finished copying, activate Discovery mod, and enjoy Discovery at it's finest.

******* ALL CREDITS GO TO DISCOVERY MOD TEAM FOR THE DISCOVERY 4.85 MOD, AND CROSSFIRE 1.82 FOR ALL FREELANCER/DISCOVERY VANILLA STARSPHERES, PLANETS, DOCKABLES, AND ASTEROIDS.

ALL SYSTEMS AMBIENCE HAS BEEN IMPROVED TO GIVE BETTER SHADOW EFFECTS.

NOTHING WAS ALTERED IN DISCOVERY MOD, ONLY ENHANCED.

HD HYBRID PACK BY: Trichomes

I have included Discovery 4.85 mod, HD texture/model pack, FLmod manager 1.3 and freelancer 1.1 patch. If you already have Discovery 4.85 installed, make sure it's not activated, then replace folders/files in mod manager folder with HD folder, make sure folder names match. If you don't have mod manager installed, but do have freelancer installed, and received your id number for multiplayer, just install discovery 4.85, activate it, then de-activate it, copy HD folder/files to mod manager directy that contains mods.

If you're installing freelancer for the first time, make sure you start a multiplayer game to get your ID first. then install mod manager, discovery mod, activate then de-activate, then copy HD folder/files to mod manager directory.

Enjoy, this pack gives freelancer a much needed face lift, thanks to discovery mod team and crossfire mod squad for mod and graphics.

Download here: <link removed, see below>

Posted on: 2012/9/24 4:14
Topic | Forum

Top Top

[Advanced Search]