Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
34 user(s) are online (13 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 34

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +0€

Current balance: 60€
(last updated 03/2020)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 38 users playing Freelancer on 41 servers.
June. 5, 2020
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (GenBAZSOLO)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

Re: North Quadrant Server
Just popping in
From Bolton England
Group:
Registered Users
Hi I believe the post above is a direct link + their is also a post, in this thread if you don't like using the rar files showing how to convert it to flmod and it should still work. The thread on modDB has all the instructions to get the rar files to work and once you are sure it works you can then go inside the new folder and send the new freelancer.exe to the desk top as the new run icon. Please remember its an old game with old run files but if you use every command and function set as XP service Pack3 it will run. The server has been online every day since I put the post up and has never crashed so I updated the server system with faster CPU's and a lot more memory. Max players is now set to a stable 120.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/freelancer-nq/downloads/freelancer-nq

Posted on: 1/26 10:53
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
From Bolton England
Group:
Registered Users
The check sum errors are listed, on the post I put on modDB they relate to the films that were in Freelancer, and are mainly audio errors as you can see. As the movie is not and was never really part of the game they never bothered to fix them. There is no film in the mod so why would they.

Once unpacked to 100% it runs and their are no bugs, you could do some thing for me though, if you ever joined modDB put a post in the thread so show you converted the files to flmod. Or explain here how you did it and I will credit you with working it out.

Thank you.

Posted on: 1/10 0:02
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
From Bolton England
Group:
Registered Users
Hi so I tried to upload the mod on here but it's being blocked, at first I thought I was doing it wrong.
Any way I have been a member of modDB for a very very very long time, and it normally takes them a week to check the files and who is trying to upload them. But they remember me as Han Solo, and realized the story of my death was not true.
Im still here it took them only a few hours to let me upload the mod, it is now being download at least a few times every day so if you or any body wants to play the mod check it out.
I was able to put full instructions on the sight as to how to get it to work.

I am Han Solo and I will be around for a while, I am now running the server for the North Quadrant.

Posted on: 1/8 14:01
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
From Bolton England
Group:
Registered Users
The mod is not compatible with any mod manager, and its really simple to use the rar file you just unpack it in to the freelancer folder, it creates a new folder and as long as you do every thing in XP compatible mode and run it from inside it's folder it works every time.
I have been trying to submit the mod, but it looks like it keeps failing or maybe im doing it wrong.
This mod is no longer available for download that's why I have been trying to upload it.

Also I originally joined the-starport.net as Han Solo a very very long time ago, when it was first set up.
I changed my tag on here a few times, because of all the requests I was getting for help with this or that server.

Posted on: 1/6 9:21
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
From Bolton England
Group:
Registered Users
Thank you for your reply its an old mod that is now very stable thanks to the last update, its in full rar format and has to be unpacked in to the freelancer folder and then run from inside the new NQ folder.

I will try and upload the files I have thank you.

Posted on: 1/4 13:44
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
From Bolton England
Group:
Registered Users
I have been un able to find any download for the mod but I do have the full RAR files.

Is their any way I can upload them so that they become available again.

Posted on: 1/4 7:36
Topic | Forum

Just popping in
From Bolton England
Group:
Registered Users
Hi every one.
I have the North Quadrant server running, have not been able to find any bugs. Unlike all other versions of this mod it will run in single player..

As I have the full RAR files and know how to use them.

I would like to thank the original MOD team and the server team that sent me the files many years ago.

I did promise them I would save the files and one day try and help, sadly again that was a very long time ago.

I am Han Solo I always was and always will be Han Solo.

I have been a member of the-starport.net for a very very long time but changed my I.D a few times. Because every body wanted me to help or simply play on their servers. In the end like most of my friends I moved on to other games, but not until I had played almost every server, and played Freelancer for more than 12 years.

Posted on: 1/4 7:33
Topic | Forum

North Quadrant Server
Just popping in
From Bolton England
Group:
Registered Users
Hi is their any downloads for the North Quadrant v2.0 mod any were.

I have a full set of RAR files and was getting ready to try and put a server on line for the mod.

But it would be no good if no one can download the mod or client files.

If their are no downloads for the North Quadrant v2.0 I will probably run one of the mods that I ran in the past.

If any body played more than a few servers you would have had a good chance of seeing me my TAG was always Han_Solo some players even changed their tag when they found out who I was..

Posted on: 1/3 17:41
Topic | Forum

Re: Returning Expert
Just popping in
From Bolton England
Group:
Registered Users
Yes I think I already know what he will say, shame but I would suggest keeping an eye on the server list for a new server.

Because being told this or that mod is not possible to run as a server never stopped people like me before, but because I did say hi to Nightstalker a long time ago on his server and he was a cool guy im not going to try his mod because he did not like the idea then.
So altered-states or rebalance are at number one and two so far.
Thank you for your reply. Before I for get he may even remember me, like I said I was always Han Solo or Gen Han Solo on every server I played my admin char was and will be Cmdr_Han_Solo at one point you would have found me running or helping to run six servers at the same time..

Happy Holidays every one see you in the black on the server that I will be testing and then running as soon as I chose the mod.

Posted on: 12/27 9:33
Topic | Forum

Returning Expert
Just popping in
From Bolton England
Group:
Registered Users
Im a returning expert I ran multiple different servers with different mods in the past. My game tag was always Cmdr_Han_Solo. Well Han Solo is still alive and well. I have just built a new server and would like to know if their is any way I can run the Nightstalker mod as a server. Any help or info about this would be my main aim. If not I am one of the last two experts on the Rebalance 3.6rc mod if I ran a server for that it would be a none standard server, Similar to the Rebalance Experiment 3.0 , server I ran for several years.
And best of all you only need the standard Rebalance 3.6 full version to play all other files were server side mods.

Any replies or advice would be a great help, I was an expert at playing the Nightstalker mod and made a lot of friends that have now vanished. I was invited to play on the server after the original one shut down so it must be possible to run a new server..

SO COME ON HELP ME WITH REBOOTING and GIVING FREELANCER a good KICK UP THE -------

Posted on: 12/26 14:02
Topic | Forum

Re: Odins epsilon serv
Just popping in
From Bolton England
Group:
Registered Users
Hi im a server operator if you can help i would like to reboot
a server for epsilon this may seam odd i now run 2 servers for Frontierspace but an old frined realy loves epsilon so if i can im going to run it from my system ..
im running win7 64bit ultimate and please dont tell me
FLhook or FLshell and ioncross wont run i already know they will as i got them working already in a test server
called FrontierSpace WAR is HERE when my main server is back online this server will be turnd off .. i use to run Freelancer Total War and that ran in win7 on the system im useing now..

Posted on: 2012/11/29 16:24
Topic | Forum

Top Top

[Advanced Search]