Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
38 user(s) are online (11 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 37

Alex., more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +10€

Current balance: -50€
(last updated 06/2019)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 45 users playing Freelancer on 31 servers.
July. 20, 2019
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (Lady}{Diamond)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

(1) 2 3 4 »

Re: Someone made a 6-hour movie from the single-player campaign and uploaded it to Youtube!

From the outta space
Group:
Registered Users
Not a fan of his/her playing, it lacks of nervosity for me and the sound is delayed.

But nice to discover theses english voices !

Now I want to do the story mode again for the 1000th time

Posted on: 12/10 22:18
Homlt Adventuary Mod
Topic | Forum

Re: Freelancer - Abandoned-ware?

From the outta space
Group:
Registered Users
Maybe, providing the exe files plus the DLLs files containing text and also files for audio dialogs can do the job.

The french community is almost dead since Sirius Hegemonia was shut down in 2012-2013 but if anyone interested by this, it could be useful.

Posted on: 12/10 22:07
Homlt Adventuary Mod
Topic | Forum

Re: What would be the most convenient, common, universal format for sharing the contents of a DVD

From the outta space
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Moonhead wrote:
Does the 2160p imply a resolution?

Yes it does ! It's a standard resolution, useful to extract from Bluray Disc but pretty not from a DVD. I think it's better to keep the standard because of the aspect ratio on the screen, if not , the result could be weird (tall thin people or small potato-like ones )

Anyway, thank you for sharing it with us, really nice !

Posted on: 12/10 21:50
Homlt Adventuary Mod
Topic | Forum

Re: What would be the most convenient, common, universal format for sharing the contents of a DVD

From the outta space
Group:
Registered Users
Hey MoonHead,

For example, ripping a 480p resolution DVD in 4K doesn't provide higher quality but just larger files. Gain higher video resolution is not possible this way. Same principle with audio, you can't obtain high quality WAV file with a bad quality mp3.

Try find setting to get the same quality as your dvd with losseless audio compression (like FLAC 24 bits).

Posted on: 12/9 9:14
Homlt Adventuary Mod
Topic | Forum

Re: Audio related Freelancer stutter NPC ship spawn

From the outta space
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

TheJkWhoSaysNi wrote:
I can confirm that this completely fixes it. In fact, trying a fresh install in a new wineprefix, the only thing that's needed is msacm32 and the stutter is gone. On my new install even without WMFDIST everything works perfectly.

I can confrim it too. I used to deal with that little annoying problem before and it fixed the stutters.

Thank you Schmackbolzen !

Posted on: 12/1 13:47
Homlt Adventuary Mod
Topic | Forum

Re: Request: an easier way to implement paths (no idea whether this is even possible)

From the outta space
Group:
Registered Users
Not a fan of FL Explorer but this one do the job with the paths. If I remember well, take care if you use it, it can screw up the solar system ini file, so, just copy/paste the slice of text you need.

Or do it manually, so good luck, you're a courageous one

Posted on: 2018/11/28 20:34
Homlt Adventuary Mod
Topic | Forum

Re: Linux FLServer Headless

From the outta space
Group:
Registered Users
I used this script, with the display manager disabled and stopped :

Code:
#!/bin/bash
Xvfb :0 -screen 0 800x600x16 &
export DISPLAY=:0.0
cd /opt/flserver/game/Homlt_Adventuary_11.52/EXE/
screen wine ./FLServer.exe /c

I answered you too quickly, for the moment I don't had the time to get this script run at system startup with a particular user. But this one actually works :

When you get this running automatically at system startup, the idea is to use screen -list to see in which screen console flserver.exe is running and then, a screen -r xxx.xxx.xxx to be able to go to flhook console. Tested it manualy and actually working !

I use cd because it don't worked with absolute path when i execute the .exe with wine, idk why for the moment.

Posted on: 2018/11/28 19:02
Homlt Adventuary Mod
Topic | Forum

Re: Request: an easier way to implement paths (no idea whether this is even possible)

From the outta space
Group:
Registered Users
Back in time when i've a done a mod, i used FL Explorer to do paths. It makes it much more easier, copy/paste the ini text generated in the actual system i wanted to edit.

Those paths, tricky as hell, isn't it !

Posted on: 2018/11/28 18:44
Homlt Adventuary Mod
Topic | Forum

From the outta space
Group:
Registered Users
Yes off course, and you can also type flhook commands on your terminal. There is one to see current players online, if I remember well. You have too see this by enter 'help' in the prompt. Mine is Flhook 2.0.0 and working.

Posted on: 2018/11/26 22:01
Homlt Adventuary Mod
Topic | Forum

From the outta space
Group:
Registered Users
I have not seen this thread before, Helloween you rocks !

I've disabled and stopped my GUI and added these lines you tell us in the .bashrc

Code:
Xvfb :0 -screen 0 800x600x16 &
export DISPLAY=:0.0

And using the screen package to get more convenient, so I cant quit the ssh session and the server keeps running

Now some possibilities, the goal is to get flserver start at boot :

- Disable the GUI to have a full CLI server with minimal cpu and ram usage and attack surface like an usual linux production server
- Use systemd (or another init system, just choose the one you want, it's linux you're free) to start flserver with those commands, combined with screen console to access to the flserver interface (if you have flhook). And also it will be safer to don't run flserver as root.

Quote:
silelmot wrote:
yeah, thanks to you i got flserver running in headless mode on my debian server, now just 2 questions:
what does /p31337 do?
and is it somehow possible to see stats in console (or just how many are connected and so on)

/p stands for port number, so Helloween's server port is 31337, so he changed the default port.
You probably can see stats if you have flhook.

Posted on: 2018/11/20 22:02
Homlt Adventuary Mod
Topic | Forum

Re: Howto: Run the Freelancer game (SP, MP) and also the SERVER including FLHook on LINUX with Wine

From the outta space
Group:
Registered Users
Hey,

I tried on debian 9.5 with wine-3.0.3 directplay and mfc42 dlls

I can see other servers and mine on the same machine but can't connect, it's like the ping is infinite, so the network thing seems to work anyway.

Do you see other servers like me ?
You can check your firewall looking for blocked requests, i recommend you to enable logging on iptables for troubleshooting the firewall. Something like this as root :

Code:
iptables -A INPUT -m limit --limit 5/min -j LOG --log-prefix "iptables INPUT DROP: " --log-level 7
iptables -A OUTPUT -m limit --limit 5/min -j LOG --log-prefix "iptables INPUT DROP: " --log-level 7

And look at the kernel messages with dmesg -T | grep iptables (as root too)

Or disable your firewall for the test.

Maybe you can try using virtual machine (or another pc on the same network) as a server and your physical pc as a client and see if it works.

EDIT : Tested on a server hosted in virtual machine in the same network and it works.

Posted on: 2018/11/18 16:06
Homlt Adventuary Mod
Topic | Forum

Re: Brand new to Freelancer

From the outta space
Group:
Registered Users
Welcome here,

So you've got friends to do some LAN parties at home on FreeLancer ?

Posted on: 2017/12/7 10:37
Homlt Adventuary Mod
Topic | Forum

Re: Junkozane

From the outta space
Group:
Registered Users
Welcome, we're a few French guys here

I totally agree with you : where are the demos wich are helpful to decide if its worth it or not. Times have changed. Some games still include a demo version like Shadow Tactics Blades of the Shogun for example.

Posted on: 2017/12/1 18:16
Homlt Adventuary Mod
Topic | Forum

Re: HTTPS Support?

From the outta space
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

w0dk4 wrote:
So I switched the site to HTTPS on cloudflare.. not sure everything is working so please report any issues.

For me the FL Community bar does not work, using firefox 52.5.0 with addons disabled.

The bar appears on the top but the menus does not work if I try to click on it.

My two cents

Posted on: 2017/12/1 18:05
Homlt Adventuary Mod
Topic | Forum

Re: Help: How to make FLHook work for single player?

From the outta space
Group:
Registered Users
You can try this, maybe it could help you http://the-starport.net/modules/newbb ... t_id=46132#forumpost46132

Just my two cents.

Posted on: 2017/11/5 9:20
Homlt Adventuary Mod
Topic | Forum

Top Top
(1) 2 3 4 »

[Advanced Search]