Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
40 user(s) are online (21 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 40

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +0€

Current balance: 55€
(last updated 04/2021)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 56 users playing Freelancer on 47 servers.
July. 5, 2022
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (digdug83)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

(1) 2 3 »

Re: FLScanII

From Gilbert, Arizona, USA
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
In regards to my last report, I went back through and checked and didn't find any blank entries in universe.ini (I'm working from a different build Timmy so the file you have isn't identical) which is wierd. Anyway, figured I'd post this one up as well in case it's an issue for anyone else.

Code:

[fatal] An error happend while checking file: ships\shiparch.ini 'Index was outside the bounds of the array.'
   at FLScanIE.Util_Functions.FLDataFile.Setting.Str(Int32 index)
   at FLScanIE.ShipChecks.CheckShip(String file, Section ship)
   at FLScanIE.ShipChecks.CheckShipFile(String file)
   at FLScanIE.Util_Functions.Util.RunCheck(CheckFileDelegate check, String file)

Posted on: 2012/3/24 17:30
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Re: FLScanII

Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
I have a report for you

Code:

[error] An error happend while parsing. The scan can't continue. 'Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path2'   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at FLScanIE.UniverseChecks.ParseSystemFile(String file, String system, Dictionary`2& objectNicks)
   at FLScanIE.UniverseChecks.ParseUniverseFile(String file, List`1& systemNicks, Dictionary`2& baseNicks, Dictionary`2& objectNicks)
   at FLScanIE.UniverseChecks.ParseUniverseFolder()
   at FLScanIE.Checker.Parse(String flPath)

Posted on: 2012/3/24 2:30
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Character/Account Item Limit

Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
I looked around for a thread regarding this but despite the fact that I swore I saw it somewhere before it eludes me heh. Is there a set value to the number of unique items a character or account can have? I thought it was 255 for the whole account but I'm not positive.

Posted on: 2009/12/12 11:10
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Re: Navmap Patrol Path Rep Filter

Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
They are flagged as needing to be visited before showing up, that's a vanilla feature.

I'm guessing the reputation info you're talking about is related to what FL is telling FLServer about my reps and then bouncing back to me in the form of friendly/neutral/hostile?

Posted on: 2009/11/30 3:26
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Re: Character Transfer or Account Recovery help

Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Yeah shutting down the server is not actually required when doing this. I've moved player accounts over to new MPID folders with no issues just by copy/pasting the character file into the new folder and then deleting the old account folder. And yeah backup is probably overkill especially if you already have regular backups scheduled as is. It might be a good idea to backup the one account you're fiddling with I suppose, but that's about it. To each their own though

Posted on: 2009/11/24 8:17
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Re: Jumphole/Jumpgate Limit

Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Well I applied your mod to a fresh copy of FL and I couldn't launch it with the paths files deleted so it would appear something has changed in the mod somehow where FL will no longer auto-generate those files.

Posted on: 2009/11/24 3:45
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Navmap Patrol Path Rep Filter

Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Alright, here's an interesting proposal. Is there any way to get SP's rep filter for patrol paths to work in MP? This always struck me as a pretty neat tool that MP got shafted out of so here I am asking. Anyone have any luck with this one by chance?

Posted on: 2009/11/24 3:06
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
I don't know if this will do anything but have you tried deleting the files altogether? When I do auto-generation of the paths files I just remove all three of them and delete them completely. FL may be trying to reference them on your desktop and failing, which would lead to you not generating them and/or your CTD problem.

The paths files I believe are server prioritized for MP so that would probably explain why you had no issue plotting courses on an actual server that wasn't hosted on your machine.

Lastly, try deleting them on an unmodded copy of FL and see if it works then. It might be something in your mod, although I have zero idea what would cause that.

Your Borg system is likely immune to the 10 gate/hole limit due its exclusive use of jump holes. FL doesn't seem to ever use shortest_illegal_path.ini for MP, although it does for SP I believe. I'd bet though that if one of those was a gate you'd have crashes

I'll see about grabbing your mod and getting it to work. It'll take a while since your mod is kinda large and I have a fail download speed

Posted on: 2009/11/24 2:50
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

EXE offset: Bot/Bat HUD limit

Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Hey folks I tried looking around but couldn't seem to find any info on this so I figured I'd ask. I was interested in knowing whether or not the offset(s) necessary to allow nanobots/shield batteries to be viewed in excess of 999 have been found yet, and of course what they are if they have been With our capships now all mounting stupidly large sums of both I figured it'd probably look a little better than just showing 999 and having people get confused.

Posted on: 2009/11/20 4:10
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Re: EXE Offset Gurus: Paths Offset

Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
We're having an issue getting a certain SP trigger working properly, although it is due to Li01 having more than 10 jumpgates/holes. Anytime a player activates a mission trigger in Li01 (we haven't gotten any of them out of the system yet ) that contains an NNPath entry, the client CTD's. If we comment out those lines then the trigger functions normally, it just won't generate a waypoint path. As the NNPath entries are all related to starting the mission and not actually doing them I'm leaning towards just leaving them out but Forsaken wants to see about upping the limit rather than just moving one of our jump holes to another system lol.

Posted on: 2009/11/11 13:44
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Well there you go, 11 Why do you ask anyway?

Posted on: 2009/11/11 0:09
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Do you need more than 10? Right now SWWT's Bw05 has 10 holes/gates in it, which I believe is the most in the mod. It's certainly the most I've ever seen in one system anyway

Posted on: 2009/11/10 23:51
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Re: NPC and missions problems

Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Actually, I just had another thought. Your vendor line is set to 5, 7 and it looks like you only have 4 vignettes (unless I'm misreading your picture). If that's the case then try putting in something like 2, 4 and see if that does anything for you.

Posted on: 2009/11/10 19:59
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Re: NPC and missions problems

Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Have you tried maybe changing the [Mbase] diff = field to something like 19? Perhaps they're not offering because isn't considered 'hard' enough to offer missions in a difficulty 4 zone. Also, are your vignettes setup properly, ie lawful, unlawful and open properties (assuming they're not in debris fields anyway)?

Posted on: 2009/11/10 19:56
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Re: EXE Offset Gurus: Paths Offset

Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Hey all I'm working with Forsaken on this one and thought I'd add in something to the mix.

What I'm having trouble figuring out is what constitute a 'jump' exactly. An example is in order (taken from my newly generated shortest_illegal_path.ini):

Code:
Path = Rh03, IW07, Rh03, Rh05, Rh01, Rh02, Iw01, Iw02, Li04, Li01, Li03, Iw05, IW07

So, in this example we have 13 system references. Now I know that the path is generated using a <origin>, <destination>, <origin>, <path>, <path>, <destination> format, where the first two systems are the start and ending points for the file. I've discounted those as being 'jumps' as they're just specifiers, or seem to be anyway. What I'm trying to figure out is whether or not the second set of origin and destination references are 'jumps' or not, ie path = li01, li03, li01, li03. Would the second li01 and li03 both be considered jumps, or just the li03? If I look at the starting system entry, or the one that only paths the origin system itself, it only has 3 entries which would lead me to believe that in the above example the first 3 entries don't count as jumps, but I'm not sure.

My last question is, do the legal and illegal files adhere to the 10 jump limit, or is that merely for the systems_shortest_path.ini?

Posted on: 2009/11/10 18:23
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Top Top
(1) 2 3 »

[Advanced Search]