Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
27 user(s) are online (16 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 27

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +5€

Current balance: -45€
(last updated 09/2019)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 37 users playing Freelancer on 40 servers.
October. 17, 2019
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (Capt.Morgan)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Re: Adoxa's "Territory" and "Zone" plugins
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
I can confirm that horizontal trade lanes work just fine. We're using them in Broken Bonds.

As to the to subject at hand. We've been using the Territory plugin for a while, and the update is very much welcome. As always, adoxa, awesome stuff!

Posted on: 2014/5/12 19:40
Open in new window
ForumsModDB
Topic | Forum

Ids_name and Docking Rings
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Just got through redoing the name and infocards in one of our systems as part of a system-by-system overhaul and I noticed an issue with the docking ring (soon to be replaced with a custom Orbital Control Station) at Planet Melbourne. Since a picture is worth a thousand words, here you go:

Open in new window
(click to enlarge)

It looks like I've run into something hard-coded. Is there any way to get it to read the ids_name entry in space as well as on the info screen and contact lists?

Posted on: 2014/5/12 18:39
Open in new window
ForumsModDB
Topic | Forum

Re: Re: Effects showroom!
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Here's one I've been working on for Broken Bonds. It's a black hole with an accretion disk. So far, there's no custom ALE work, but that might change. The event horizon is actually a planet with all black textures with glow turned up all the way so the light from the star doesn't act on it. The accretion disk is custom modeled and textured, and has a radius of 20k.

Open in new window

Posted on: 2014/5/11 11:36
Open in new window
ForumsModDB
Topic | Forum

Re: Infocard numbers
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Adoxa, that's very helpful. Thank you.

Posted on: 2014/5/6 17:21
Open in new window
ForumsModDB
Topic | Forum

Infocard numbers
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
I've noticed while trying to set up new infocards that the game looks for certain numbers in certain DLLs, in order of how they're loaded. I'm wondering what the system there is. How many numbers are available per DLL, and what number ranges correspond to each one.

I want to do all new entries for everything (names, infocards, rumors, et cetera) instead of overwriting vanilla entries where possible, but it's hard to plan out a logical system for numbering if I don't even know how the game determines what goes where.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Posted on: 2014/5/5 3:25
Open in new window
ForumsModDB
Topic | Forum

Re: 3D Model Showroom
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

jsncalif11 wrote:
And here is a cool thing I had in my mod. I had it spinning and you could fly through the advertisement. It was like a holographic projection.
Billboard

Open in new window

I really like the trade lane model. It's a fair bit nicer than the vanilla model.

Also, we've been doing something similar to that billboard. Here's what ours look like so far. This one's the Southern Cross Commonwealth model. We have one for the Medicean Empire in the works, but it's not implemented yet.

Open in new window

Open in new window

We've also got vertical ads using the same model.

Open in new window

Open in new window

Posted on: 2012/3/16 17:28
Open in new window
ForumsModDB
Topic | Forum

Re: 3D Model Showroom
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
These ships look nice. We may end up using a few of them. I've got my eye on that DeLorean as an Admin ship, at the very least. If we use any of them, you'll get proper credit for them, as expected.

One quick question, though. Are we permitted to alter the textures, or do you want everything left as-is? We're doing faction paint schemes for some of the ships, and we don't want to overstep our permissions by accident.

Posted on: 2012/3/5 17:55
Open in new window
ForumsModDB
Topic | Forum

Re: Broken World?
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
We've decided not to use this particular model. The poly count is a bit too high, and the holes in the model are too hard to correct. It has, however, inspired an all new but similar model. If you'd like, however, we can give credit for the inspiration, if not the actual model.

Posted on: 2012/3/1 3:56
Open in new window
ForumsModDB
Topic | Forum

Re: Broken World?
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
I got this thing textured myself. There's no guarantee that we'll actually use it, and if we do we'll formally ask for permission. For now, I'll just show off the thing textured and in game.

Image 1
Image 2

In the background is one of my custom planets, and the trade lane rings are SolCommand's Junker Trade Lane.

We may end up not using the planet at all due to the visible holes in the model, but it at least made for a couple nice screenshots.

Posted on: 2012/2/29 19:26
Open in new window
ForumsModDB
Topic | Forum

Re: Odd planet texture problem
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Well, that was a rather stupid error on my part. The only planets that were messed up were a couple older ones that I forgot to fix after Adoxa told me how. Embarrasing, but it happens.

Posted on: 2012/2/27 23:16
Open in new window
ForumsModDB
Topic | Forum

Re: Odd planet texture problem
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
That error was consistent. The same tile appeared gone for everyone, and I sorted the error on it. This is something different, and rather confusing.

Posted on: 2012/2/17 13:57
Open in new window
ForumsModDB
Topic | Forum

Odd planet texture problem
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
While testing the Broken Bonds mod, we ran into a really wierd issue with the custom planet textures. Some planets would appear fine, while others would have missing texture panels. Were the problem consistent, I would just assume I did something wrong when I made the planets, but these tested fine in the past. Worse, the error isn't consistent. Some people were seeing different missing textures, and which ones are missing change.

For example, during earlier testing, the textures on two of the planets were completely missing, making them appear solid white. When I came back to the system later, one had it's full texture set, but the other was still all white. I docked and undocked, and the white one was still wrong, and the one that was previously fully textured was now missing a tile. No two players logged in were seeing the same ones missing, either. I'm totally at a loss here, and there's no way we're going to get anything out the door with such a big problem unfixed.

Posted on: 2012/2/17 2:35
Open in new window
ForumsModDB
Topic | Forum

Re: Getting a private LAN-flserver up and running..
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Does the server appear in your list at all? If so, is the IP odd looking? If it does, it sounds like you have an issue with IPv6. I wrote a tutorial on fixing that in Windows 7 (might work on others, too) on the Discovery forums here, and a couple other folks weighed in, too, so that may be worth a look.

If that's not it, then I don't really know what it would be. I'm sure somebody else here will be able to point you in the right direction, though.

Posted on: 2011/8/30 6:36
Open in new window
ForumsModDB
Topic | Forum

Re: Sizer's Freelancer (Mostly) Capital Ship Ship Pack
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
Since Sizer hasn't updated his link yet, I did a bit of digging through the downloads section and found it. Here it is to save everyone else the trouble:

http://the-starport.net/freelancer/do ... /visit.php?cid=9&lid=2659

Posted on: 2011/8/12 6:05
Open in new window
ForumsModDB
Topic | Forum

Re: My first ship
Not too shy to talk
From Ohio, USA
Group:
Registered Users
That's your first ship? Very nice. You definitely have the talent. I look forward to seeing what else you come up with in the future.

Posted on: 2011/6/30 0:08
Open in new window
ForumsModDB
Topic | Forum

Top Top
(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]