Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 57

Syd, more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +5€

Current balance: -60€
(last updated 10/2020)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 73 users playing Freelancer on 42 servers.
October. 23, 2020
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (robocop)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

(1) 2 3 4 ... 58 »

Re: Graphics Crash - Windows 7
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Well, you could always try shutting down all other running programs including your anti-virus software and see if it runs OK then.

If that doesn't work you could try reinstalling your VGA drivers and maybe even DirectX.

After that you might try a different video card if you have one available.

If none of that works it could be a memory issue or a Windows reinstall.

Posted on: Yesterday 23:39
Gun control is like fighting drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to buy a car...
Topic | Forum

Re: Graphics Crash - Windows 7
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
My first guess would be the graphics card is overheating or failing.
Open the case and see if there's dust accumulation around the fan and heat sink of both the graphics card and the CPU.

If there is, take the case outside and use some cans of compressed air to remove all dust in the case.

You could also try completely uninstalling your drivers and reinstall with the latest version.

The fact that the game works for 30 minutes and then fails seems to indicate that it's not the program but rather the hardware.

Posted on: 10/10 17:47
Gun control is like fighting drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to buy a car...
Topic | Forum

Re: Patrol Routes Causing Crash?
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Might also be the encounters themselves. If they're not set up properly that can cause what you describe. Create the patrol path but leave out the encounters, then add in each encounter until the crashes resume. If the crashes resume after adding the first encounter it's either the patrol path itself (see advice in above posts) or the encounter. If the crashes don't resume until a later encounter is added it may be that last added encounter.

Posted on: 6/6 15:05
Topic | Forum

Re: How to Edit Ship Hold Size?
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
The hold_size of the Titan is 70
(hold_size = 70)

Change the 70 to whatever size you want the hold to contain such as hold_size = 100

Don't be greedy now...

Posted on: 5/10 14:44
Topic | Forum

Re: How to Edit Ship Hold Size?
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
The line you seek is in the shiparch.ini file. It's located in Program Files/Microsoft Games/Freelancer/Data/Ships

Look for the hold_size entry in the [Ship] section for your ship.

If you're playing singleplayer you can change it there but if you're playing multiplayer you will have to change it in both the server files as well as the player files.

The corsair shiparch is the co_elite2

Posted on: 5/9 3:35
Topic | Forum

Re: Major mods and JFLP
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
The JFLP is excellent but when running FLScan and FLErrorChecker I'd still get error notifications. Most, probably all of them are no big deal but my obsession with details wouldn't allow them to stand so I chased them all down so that those tools would come up clean leaving only errors related to any modding I was doing.

The errors I fixed never showed up as issues in the game. I'm sure I'm the only person in the world who worried about them.

DM me and I can give you the edits I made. You can decide if they're worth adding or not.

Posted on: 3/21 22:16
Topic | Forum

Re: Major mods and JFLP
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
The most up to date patch out there right now is the official MS update from 2003 and the JFLP update. All the fixes in the Quickfix update are in the JFLP update.

Best bet is to use the JFLP as the foundation for any mods you do.

I put together a patch at one point that eliminates all errors still identified in FLErrorChecker and FLScan as well as most of the errors generated in the FL console view. It's incorporated in our mod (FLUAddon mod). I can't recall if those fixes are identified specifically in the mod though.

Posted on: 3/21 19:07
Topic | Forum

Re: [Freelancer Mod News]New demo of Freelancer: The Nomad Legacy released!
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Quote:

Jeider wrote:
Quote:
Yup, that's exactly what I have but I only rotate, no slide left/right. Verified against a fixed object in space.

Don't forget. This is DEFAULT keymap. Real keymap always overrided in your "My Documents" folder. For take changes you need to remove overrided file or make changes inside it.

Tried it in both the keymap in the INTERFACE folder and in the keymap in the My Games/Freelancer folder.

Only the roll works.

Posted on: 3/21 14:55
Topic | Forum

gls_workaround.txt file keeps erasing
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Every time I restart FL the contents of the gls_workaround.txt file are erased leaving a blank text file. I have to manually copy the info into the file each time or the available servers won't show up in the server list.

Any ideas as to why that happens?

Posted on: 3/20 20:55
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Quote:

Jeider wrote:
Quote:
The question I still have is how did you keep the strafe feature with the roll feature? I

Oh, sorry, forgot about it.

That's easy. But only by ini edition. This is content from my initial keymap.ini:

Code:

[KeyCmd]
nickname = USER_MANEUVER_SLIDE_EVADE_LEFT
ids_name = 1956
ids_info = 3228
state = keydown, keyup
key = "A"

[KeyCmd]
nickname = USER_MANEUVER_SLIDE_EVADE_RIGHT
ids_name = 1957
ids_info = 3229
state = keydown, keyup
key = "D"

[KeyCmd]
nickname = USER_Z_ROTATE
ids_name = 1463
ids_info = 3300
state = keydown, keyup
key = "A"

[KeyCmd]
nickname = USER_Z_UNROTATE
ids_name = 1464
ids_info = 3301
state = keydown, keyup
key = "D"

Just 2 keys with same default keyboard buttons.

Yup, that's exactly what I have but I only rotate, no slide left/right. Verified against a fixed object in space.

Posted on: 3/19 0:16
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Quote:

Jeider wrote:
Quote:
Is this an exe hack? I can see where you changed the max_bank_angle values in the shiparch but don't see how you 'deactivated' max_bank_angle.

Sorry, this is was a long time ago. May be I forgot, how I did that. Anyway, you already resolved this issue.

The question I still have is how did you keep the strafe feature with the roll feature? I can roll now but not slide left/right and when I try to map the keys in game I'm advised that the key is already mapped. When I try to map it in keymap.ini it doesn't work, nor does it show as mapped in the options/controls page ingame.

Posted on: 3/18 11:58
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Thanks Adoxa, that works (all hail Adoxa!)

Jeider, how did you get both the strafe and rotate functions to work off one key? If I put it in keymap (strafe left and rotate clockwise to A, strafe right and rotate counter-clockwise to B). It only remembers the strafe commands.

When I try to map it in game it will only allow one function or the other.

Posted on: 3/16 1:34
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Quote:

Jeider wrote:
Hello, robocop. Thanks for your playing!

Barrel-roll feature it's additional maneuvers from original freelancer. Activated by disabling of "disable level camera toggling". That's because barrel roll featured is blocked by "arcade-style automatic rol" (look at "max_bank_angle" param in shiparch). Deactivate "max_bank_angle" and you can you barrel-roll without any problems.

Buy my barrel roll is improved. I never removed strafe and that's still active. For example: on pressing A in my mod you'll activate "left strage" and "barrel-roll on left side".

Is this an exe hack? I can see where you changed the max_bank_angle values in the shiparch but don't see how you 'deactivated' max_bank_angle.

Any hints on where to look?

I remarked out the
;[key]
;id = USER_TOGGLE_LEVEL_CAMERA

entry in keylist.ini and changed the max_bank_angle for my ship from 30 to 5 following the example in your mod. Still no roll.

edit: Clearly it's more than just the keylist.ini and keymap.ini files as I copied your files over to my mod and still no joy.

Running the latest jflp.dll file as well.
Thanks,
R

Posted on: 3/15 18:30
Topic | Forum

Re: Singleplayer savegame editor
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I swear I tried opening it up before and just saw a bunch of gobbledygook...

Posted on: 3/11 0:54
Topic | Forum

Re: Singleplayer savegame editor
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members

Posted on: 3/10 1:42
Topic | Forum

Top Top
(1) 2 3 4 ... 58 »

[Advanced Search]