Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
37 user(s) are online (20 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 37

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +0€

Current balance: 60€
(last updated 03/2020)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 40 users playing Freelancer on 42 servers.
April. 10, 2020
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (robocop)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

(1) 2 3 4 ... 57 »

Re: Major mods and JFLP
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
The JFLP is excellent but when running FLScan and FLErrorChecker I'd still get error notifications. Most, probably all of them are no big deal but my obsession with details wouldn't allow them to stand so I chased them all down so that those tools would come up clean leaving only errors related to any modding I was doing.

The errors I fixed never showed up as issues in the game. I'm sure I'm the only person in the world who worried about them.

DM me and I can give you the edits I made. You can decide if they're worth adding or not.

Posted on: 3/21 22:16
Gun control is like fighting drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to buy a car...
Topic | Forum

Re: Major mods and JFLP
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
The most up to date patch out there right now is the official MS update from 2003 and the JFLP update. All the fixes in the Quickfix update are in the JFLP update.

Best bet is to use the JFLP as the foundation for any mods you do.

I put together a patch at one point that eliminates all errors still identified in FLErrorChecker and FLScan as well as most of the errors generated in the FL console view. It's incorporated in our mod (FLUAddon mod). I can't recall if those fixes are identified specifically in the mod though.

Posted on: 3/21 19:07
Gun control is like fighting drunk driving by making it harder for sober people to buy a car...
Topic | Forum

Re: [Freelancer Mod News]New demo of Freelancer: The Nomad Legacy released!
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Quote:

Jeider wrote:
Quote:
Yup, that's exactly what I have but I only rotate, no slide left/right. Verified against a fixed object in space.

Don't forget. This is DEFAULT keymap. Real keymap always overrided in your "My Documents" folder. For take changes you need to remove overrided file or make changes inside it.

Tried it in both the keymap in the INTERFACE folder and in the keymap in the My Games/Freelancer folder.

Only the roll works.

Posted on: 3/21 14:55
Topic | Forum

gls_workaround.txt file keeps erasing
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Every time I restart FL the contents of the gls_workaround.txt file are erased leaving a blank text file. I have to manually copy the info into the file each time or the available servers won't show up in the server list.

Any ideas as to why that happens?

Posted on: 3/20 20:55
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Quote:

Jeider wrote:
Quote:
The question I still have is how did you keep the strafe feature with the roll feature? I

Oh, sorry, forgot about it.

That's easy. But only by ini edition. This is content from my initial keymap.ini:

Code:

[KeyCmd]
nickname = USER_MANEUVER_SLIDE_EVADE_LEFT
ids_name = 1956
ids_info = 3228
state = keydown, keyup
key = "A"

[KeyCmd]
nickname = USER_MANEUVER_SLIDE_EVADE_RIGHT
ids_name = 1957
ids_info = 3229
state = keydown, keyup
key = "D"

[KeyCmd]
nickname = USER_Z_ROTATE
ids_name = 1463
ids_info = 3300
state = keydown, keyup
key = "A"

[KeyCmd]
nickname = USER_Z_UNROTATE
ids_name = 1464
ids_info = 3301
state = keydown, keyup
key = "D"

Just 2 keys with same default keyboard buttons.

Yup, that's exactly what I have but I only rotate, no slide left/right. Verified against a fixed object in space.

Posted on: 3/19 0:16
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Quote:

Jeider wrote:
Quote:
Is this an exe hack? I can see where you changed the max_bank_angle values in the shiparch but don't see how you 'deactivated' max_bank_angle.

Sorry, this is was a long time ago. May be I forgot, how I did that. Anyway, you already resolved this issue.

The question I still have is how did you keep the strafe feature with the roll feature? I can roll now but not slide left/right and when I try to map the keys in game I'm advised that the key is already mapped. When I try to map it in keymap.ini it doesn't work, nor does it show as mapped in the options/controls page ingame.

Posted on: 3/18 11:58
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Thanks Adoxa, that works (all hail Adoxa!)

Jeider, how did you get both the strafe and rotate functions to work off one key? If I put it in keymap (strafe left and rotate clockwise to A, strafe right and rotate counter-clockwise to B). It only remembers the strafe commands.

When I try to map it in game it will only allow one function or the other.

Posted on: 3/16 1:34
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Quote:

Jeider wrote:
Hello, robocop. Thanks for your playing!

Barrel-roll feature it's additional maneuvers from original freelancer. Activated by disabling of "disable level camera toggling". That's because barrel roll featured is blocked by "arcade-style automatic rol" (look at "max_bank_angle" param in shiparch). Deactivate "max_bank_angle" and you can you barrel-roll without any problems.

Buy my barrel roll is improved. I never removed strafe and that's still active. For example: on pressing A in my mod you'll activate "left strage" and "barrel-roll on left side".

Is this an exe hack? I can see where you changed the max_bank_angle values in the shiparch but don't see how you 'deactivated' max_bank_angle.

Any hints on where to look?

I remarked out the
;[key]
;id = USER_TOGGLE_LEVEL_CAMERA

entry in keylist.ini and changed the max_bank_angle for my ship from 30 to 5 following the example in your mod. Still no roll.

edit: Clearly it's more than just the keylist.ini and keymap.ini files as I copied your files over to my mod and still no joy.

Running the latest jflp.dll file as well.
Thanks,
R

Posted on: 3/15 18:30
Topic | Forum

Re: Singleplayer savegame editor
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I swear I tried opening it up before and just saw a bunch of gobbledygook...

Posted on: 3/11 0:54
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members

Posted on: 3/10 1:42
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I think the problem is in the *.fl file itself. The file is a savegame from trying out the Nomad Legacy mod. The restart.fl file can be opened and edited just fine, it just chokes on the autosave.fl file.

Any suggestions on what program to use to decompile the autosave.fl file so I can edit it in a text editor?

Posted on: 3/8 23:46
Topic | Forum

Re: [Release] Basic FL Save Editor
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I think the problem is in the savegame. The savegame is from the Nomad Legacy mod and there may be an issue with translating information there.

The restart.fl file opens fine but none of the savegames open with either the Simple Save Editor or the Freelancer Savegame Editor

Posted on: 3/8 17:27
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Same setup I have. flcodec.exe won't run even in WinXP mode and run as administrator, SaveEditor.exe won't open the un-decompiled *.fl file.

I'm trying to set up a WinXP VM to test it there but can't figure out how to get the VM to see the virtual HDD. Been working on it all day with no success.

Posted on: 3/7 22:29
Topic | Forum

Singleplayer savegame editor
Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Does anyone have a singleplayer savegame editor that works in Windows 10?

The one I have (Simple Save Editor) won't decode the *.fl files and open them, the included flcodec.exe file won't run.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
R

Posted on: 3/7 15:44
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I tried it out this morning. Really nice work. I especially like the effort that went into the base designs. One thing that always bugged me about FL is that so many of the bases looked like they'd been ordered out of a catalogue.

Obviously the Russian is an issue for we english speaking players. I had some difficulty figuring out what equipment was what, especially the equipment that is not standard vanilla equipment (scanners, armor plating, etc.)

I also like the barrel-roll feature. When I tried strafing (left/right slide) I found myself barrel-rolling in space which I thought was really cool. Does this replace strafe left/right or is it an additional maneuver? Any hints on how that's done? I'd like to add it to my mod.

The game told me to meed Alaric at the bar in Bismarck (I think but there was nobody there). I found him outside waiting for me when I undocked.

I'm stuck in a mission right now that's too much for my little ship and weapons so I have to figure my way out of that situation and I'm looking forward to continuing.

Posted on: 3/7 15:05
Topic | Forum

Top Top
(1) 2 3 4 ... 57 »

[Advanced Search]