Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
57 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 57

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +0€

Current balance: 60€
(last updated 03/2020)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 57 users playing Freelancer on 43 servers.
May. 28, 2020
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (Bas)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

(1) 2 3 4 ... 99 »

Re: How does your multiplayer callsign work?
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
This is just a though, but each player is assigned an ID when logging into the server, I think on many servers these can be shown with /id or /ids

Is the callsign maybe always corresponding to that number?

Posted on: 4/13 0:43
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Re: DOWNLOAD
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I think this is an outdated version of the webinterface (PHP):
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments ... 784698635714600/flses.rar

Backup mirror:
www.imperiumclan.bplaced.net/user/bas/flses.rar

Edit: Also foudn this:
https://launchpad.net/flses

Also see this post:
https://the-starport.net/freelancer/fo ... t_id=56500#forumpost56500

Quote:
I stopped developing my version of the FLSES ( aka the RuleBreaker-Tool ). Due to nearly no interrest of the community in the programm and my high expectations in Star Citizen I saw no reason in putting more time and work in a dieing game.
The original version here on starport was a completely modified one of the original from drachennest ( credits to them again ), but it was hard to read, the main source was repleted in one file ( so it became huge ) and all was procedual programmed.
So I made it completely new from scratch to fix all theses issues above and most of the bugs ( like duplicate logins, huge securits issues, graphical bugs and some random stuff ).
This "remake" was later known as RBT 2.0 but in all the time there were so few people asking for it I lost my interest in working on it any more.
But again, I wrote the hole new thing alone and so I only commented it so that I can understand what it is doing (Not to make other works harder but to make mine simple). So a release of this version would cost lots of hours to make it understandable for another person.

Long story short, I do not work on it any more and I am not interested in publishing my current version, but I can give you this hint:
The Freelancer Sirius Server admin is still working on the oldest of all versions metioned above. I worked with him some time and maybe he will give you his source. Try contacting him via a "Ticketsystem" of his website at http://www.flserver-sirius.de .

PS: Don't know about Tai's status, but think he is gone long time ago and left freelancer.

Posted on: 3/26 17:19
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Re: DOWNLOAD
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members

Posted on: 3/26 17:07
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Re: Community Revival: Any Interest?
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
It has been in that list for rouhgly 9 years lol

Honestly, MS has forgotten FL exists right after they released it. It didn't even get A SINGLE digital release ANYWHERE.

Let's be honest: The chances for FL even getting a digital release at all are pretty slim.

Posted on: 3/25 2:46
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Re: Community Revival: Any Interest?
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Quote:
that there’s still a good degree of interest in this game (GO

Can you explain? The game isn't at GOG.

I am actually pretty impressed by how many are online at that server.
I think the mix of the discord server, the first FL fancampaign ever (even if only the demo) and an unified FL filebase provide a nice chance altogether.
I think when each individual community becomes too small...we are bound to form a global community.

Posted on: 3/24 20:08
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Re: [Freelancer Mod News]New demo of Freelancer: The Nomad Legacy released!
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members

Quote:
velopment will destroy it... Only one way is possible - help me with translation.

Do you got the texts ready? I can see if I can find someone online for this.

Quote:
And implement sounds without me - this is IMPORTANT. Implementing of english sounds required too many time from me, but this is really usual work

Do you mean recording or also included them ingame, aka coding them into files?

Quote:
This is FEATURE. Sorry, but game balance - this is my job. You tried only demo version of my mod and don't know about all planned and partially IMPLEMENTED features. So. My guns system. This is not just "level 1 > level 2 > level 3". We have a Horviper. This gun has a 4 version: Hornviper Mk.I - basic gun Hornviper Mk.II - standart gun, 2x damage, 2x power Hornviper Mk.III - advanced gun, 3x damage, 2x power, SELF-DESTRUCTION Hornviper [Nomad] - advanced gun, 2x damage, 0.5x power

At the very least, this explains why they were like getting down so fast and over and over again! ._.

Quote:
But you need to have limits in your interest. I don't want to change balance.

Hm, I see. I would like to still give feedback on stuff like this, however. I think giving feedback is important, it is your choice what you do with it, and maybe you get some cool ideas by it or you develop a concern for something you didn't think about before.

Posted on: 3/18 22:56
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I have updated the readme file, included a short guide for FLHack and the generic destroy base missions. I also fixed some grammar and spelling errors from other sections. (attached on the post)

I also have a suggestion to make:
You focus on storyline missions and the like. There are likely only some very few people who can do some.

Meanwhile, get some other modders on-board. For good resource usage, it is best if others do the more routine and common modding and fixing; such as adding, fixing or balancing equipment, systems and the like. Of course, you are fully encouraged to communicate your visions and wishes.

For the same reason, I don't think you need to be the one needing to translate. I bet there are tons of other people who could do such a thing. Same for spelling errors and maybe dialogues.

For getting modders, one place would be right here, others would be like the Global FL discord server (I can ask and redirect them if you allow me to).

Edit: http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=00237162831566835514

Posted on: 3/18 15:42
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
(Also posted 2x on page2, in case you didn't see it)

- Nanobots should be more in line in price - x10 price for x2 heal seems way too overkill
- Hornviper MK III has the same energy usage as MK II, at the very least in the tooltip.

Also, please contact me if you need any testers, or if I can help you getting some English VAs.

I will add a few paragraphs for FLHack and the generic base missions for the readme which you can copy.

So....aside of further focusing on new missions, I consider these stuff priorities to be done, either because of the impact and/or the low opportunity cost (time to work on it). In no specific order.

- Price fix advanced nanobots. I'd advocate for 2x the heal -> ~250% price of the previous
- Hornviper #3 energy usage fix
- FLHack inclusion, simply add the tool/files and leave everything in the doc else. Not coding or anything, just delivering along the mod.
- Inclusion of sold shield batts (if the work is not too much to do)

Posted on: 3/18 15:03
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I would like to leave something pretty important. Motivational words.

I was just checking randomly some FL websites as I do periodically. I haven't touched the game for years, except when I went for campaign again with the Trent the Monkey King-mod.

Yet, your mod pretty much sparkled my interest instantly. There was NEVER - to my knowledge - ever a (real/custom) fan-campaign of FL for all the 17 years! You can fully can term yourself as pioneers without a doubt!

I also prob didn't expect too much. And boy, was I wrong! While I don't understand a single word, the Russian VA sounds great! And I can't even remember there being an option for subtitles to begin with, so I was quite baffled about that one, too!

You also don't "only" came with a new storyline, but rather a whole new universe to boot. Also with some features FL was missing, like Engines or Power Plants, tractor beams and stuff (albeit were featured in many mods meanwhile). Also, a sidemission sounds intriguing.
You also made quite some surprising UI changes!

Also, take a jumping motivating cartoon filly! (GIF)

Attach file:

gif  38A66A77-573E-43C7-B3E4-0CB7F500B952.gif.783f7ad1495d3ab70f0e6b07b60b1171.gif (241.86 KB)
172_5e718004853a0.gif 220X198 px

Posted on: 3/18 1:57
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
- Tau 4: Mislabeled tradelane near jumpgate
- Manuf. Platform -> Manufactory. Is cleaner. (Defunct equip dealer at battleship)
- Avalon: Prison has no equip dealer, but equip area- Planet Kil -> Planet Kiel

On a space adventure...
Start:
Discovered systems: About 5
Game time: Roughly 6 hours
Credits: About 37.000
Ship: Stiletto

Coming back to Bismark:
Discovered systems: 22
Game time: Roughly 8 hours
Credits: 128$
Ship: Titan
2 Lost weapons
Ships is a wreck
Lost a thruster too. :<

I really struggled also because I had no income. Overpowered enemies for me aside, I simply couldn't take job offers because my reputation was too bad.

Posted on: 3/18 1:21
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Quote:
3 Well you can upgrade the tractor. Also should you be able to loot bats/bots during combat?

You can in theory, but before you upgrade it isn't possible in practice because of very low range and very slow tractor speed, you basically need to stand still for 5 seconds in order to get anything.

Quote:
That's why in the lastcutscene of mission 1 Alaric says "BUY POWERPLANT". I don't know how avoid this issue. Only by changing of UI, but I can't.

heh, the issue actually only arrived after I bought a new engine, lol.

Quote:
That's FL's issue. Enhanced speed limits cause this problems. So... autopilot is dangerous in my mod.

That was less strict feedback and more telling of my adventures!

Quote:
Rheinland mines has big shield damage. Current balance is based on 2 mines per faction and quantity of mines per ship. May be I can do this better. But later.

It is rather that these are the first mines the NPCs are using, and they turned out to be devastating. You could add mines for stronger NPCs only, or add weaker ones for earlier NPCs.

Quote:
Ohhh... you are about "just play in mod without story"?

After story mission 3, yes, because the readme says that anything further in story won't work. There is still that one side mission though.

Quote:
Sorry for bad english.

Oh don't worry, I am sure my Russian is worse!

If you are short on time...have you tried recruiting modders, maybe here or at the global FL discord server?

Quote:
6 There are no old systems anymore. Which is also why FLMM format does not make any sense

FLMM offers more than just adding mods together, such as not having to have seperate installs for FL.

Posted on: 3/18 1:13
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
OK, loaded it up.

Looks great so far, I think you got nice screenplay and cutscenes (pre-gameplay)!

Also, heh, I know Gudrun from HHC. :>

Accomplishments:
- So I bought a new engine for my ship and then it turned out my power plant can't handle it, so I had to durdle with donkey speed. :/
- After failing a bar mission multiple times, I had to abort it because it was too impossible for me on hard difficulty.
- The auto-drive system did crash me right into a weapon platform.
- I almost did end up in the atmosphere of a planet (= instant death)
- I flew back to a previous solar system, only to find out the STRONGER enemies are there, and I pretty much got pulverized pretty quickly by overpowered pirate vessels.
Damn pirates! This is pretty unfortunate because ANOTHER star system further away I spotted some wreckages of vessels that might carry some better guns.

Suggestions & bugs:
- It is "Magdeburg". You got that wrong the some dialogues.
- First station: Some equipment was not translated successfully it seems.
- Consider the option for subtitles even for dubbed parts in either language.
- When showing the Starflier, I think it basically invites for a VO of "Oh, #$%%..." of Trent when he sees it.
- Initial Popup is still in Russian
- Lutzer in space dialogue: farther -> further
- No Eng-Sub for dialog right after existing New-Berlin jumpgate (m2?) to sigma
- In dialogue, missed slash / at start of a convo before heading to asteroid fields
- When ambushed by pirates, there was an EngSub without a russian VO. Known?
- Bismark landing dialogue: mone -> money, maybe just go for "creds" for sci-fi slang
- In Bismark bar, Alaric talks about Luts instead of Lutz.
- Same conversation, in subtitles something like his "you could replace it's parts with" and then not updating the subtitles after for that sentence.
- Bismarck popup not translated.
- Too huge damage from crashing into other objects
- Balance: First mines the enemies are using are FAR too overpowered, IMHO. A single mine did destroy 75% of the hull of my starflier, and that's with an armor upgrade. (That was on hard, however)
- Battleship conversation (misson 2): on 1440 x 900, some subtitles are too long for the screen and the last row can't be seen. Also, Trent replies to something, but his subtitle for that only lasts like half a second or less.
- Too short subtitle in comm to Omege-15 JG when speaking about discretion and knife and dagger (Trent)
- It is pretty weird for Mission 2 to fail when attacking the shipwrecks too much. Some people might actually think they need to destroy instead of scanning them, so maybe you want to fix that one.
- I believe in the Eng version of FL, it is called Rhineland, not Rheinland.
- Mission 2: "I see a base" -> "I detect a base by the scanners. This must be it where they are headed to!"
- Finer refinement of difficulties: 5 real ones instead of 3.
- Critical: Generic "destroy base" missions couldn't be completed, not possible to damage the base (usual gun equipment, can submit savegame)
- Balance: Basic tractor beam sucks WAY too much. It it impossible to ever collect life-saving nanobots or shield batts during a fight.
- Balance: The power of NPC ships often range between "pretty easy" to "almost impossible" by a single ship upgrade. You might want to do it less polarizing and more ships in-between. I felt especially the sudden upgrade from like 8k hull ships to 30k Valkyres has been pretty harsh.
- Balance: I think there should be anti-shield weapons for every projectile speed. If you do not want to code additional ones, you could simply put the speed of other weapons to the same level. This goes directly with the point above, when I was facing overpowered ships, I often barely took down their shields, and even damaging the hull was a huge task already. Having had anti-shield weapons for my ship might have helped a lot on this.
- Consider to include FLHack and very, very short doc about it, such as that it allows saving in space. If you do not want to include the tool, I especially liked the ability to save in space, and personally, that the game doesn't pause on alt tab, so I can surf the web or stuff or chat while cruising.
- München (spelled Munchen by you ingame) is Munich in English.
- Sale price for lv1 weapons should be higher, like 300$ at least, or ships should drop lv2 more oftne. It is rpetty frustrating fighting for your own life (and their death) only to get 90$ creds in return for random encoutners.
- Credits. It is Star Wolves, not Star Wolfes
- Weird to have shield batts dropped, but they cannot be bought.

Q & A:
- How long did you work on it so far?
- Any ETA on next demo or test release?
- Will the old systems be visitable?
- Is the drake better than the Stiletto?
- I suppose there is no way (FLHack?) to replace mission requirement by money requirement (past mission 3)?

Posted on: 3/17 19:55
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
VA = Voice Actor, the one speaking for a character.
MLP = My Little Pony community.

Posted on: 3/17 19:08
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Uhm, any reason why the mod/campaign is not in the FLMM format?

Posted on: 3/16 18:35
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
Hi Jeider!

While I was just revisiting some old FL pages I had saved as bookmarks, I wanted to use this opportunity when I just saw this news to tell you this looks awesome! Keep going if you want to! YOU CAN DO THIS ❤️

I am going to try this one out!

Regarding VA, I am active on a MLP community. Am i given free leeway for asking there?
How many different voices do you need? (I think background characters could re-use the same VA)

Posted on: 3/16 0:42
Open in new window
Topic | Forum

Top Top
(1) 2 3 4 ... 99 »

[Advanced Search]