Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
66 user(s) are online (30 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 66

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +165€

Current balance: 105€
(last updated 02/2021)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 45 users playing Freelancer on 39 servers.
March. 5, 2021
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (Spartan)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

(1) 2 3 4 5 »

Re: Ship skinning via equipment
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

adoxa wrote:
Maybe even have a "holographic" logo floating above the ship...

Interesting idea perhaps linked to clan or a faction license? Would be even nicer to have it worked out so you need some kind of advanced tracking/targeting equipment to see them? It would certainly provide an advantage in large scale battles to know who's who beyond your immediate target.

Posted on: 2012/9/6 3:18
Topic | Forum

Re: Freelancer "Reboot" Server 24/7 RP
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
@ Alex: Yeah I thought about that after the post

Posted on: 2012/8/11 15:11
Topic | Forum

Re: Freelancer "Reboot" Server 24/7 RP
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
*Sits down with Xar and Timmy*
Hey guys I may not be an Ace modder but I can tell when something smells funny here look at Daniels second post, He says he's not the creator but his sig says he is

Open in new window

Second and slightly more disturbing, is the SWAT_OP-R8R user. Now I don't know Swat personally but I do believe that he has been a member of this site for more than 24 hours and made more than the 2 posts listed here.

Open in new window

I included the SS so that things can't be changed.

Posted on: 2012/8/11 14:43
Topic | Forum

Re: Are they "THAT" out of place?
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
I like the ships themselves, though they don't really look like "Freelancer" ships you said that they are for a new faction in your mod? If that's the case you must decide on a background for the faction, eg. are they an emerging Sirius faction or perhaps the faction is from somewhere else entirely. If it's the second who can say what would be right for them, look at the nomad ships, nothing could be too wild for them, anyway it's your mod have fun with it

Posted on: 2012/8/8 1:26
Topic | Forum

Re: Unable to connect to any server?
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
I occasionally have the same issue usually a reboot fixes the problem for me. If you've done that then check your connection to your router especially if your connecting via wifi, freelancer hates wifi. IF that doesn't help try the starport's connection tutorial HERE also right at the top of the page

Posted on: 2012/7/19 0:20
Topic | Forum

Re: Lancerquest: Requiem Server and mod now running
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Ok mod is shrunk about as far as I can go and keep with the design I have in mind. The original link at the top is updated to the new rar file. Now hopefully on to other technical problems. TY again F!R for the help.

Edit here are the screenshots I've been promising for a bit now.

Open in new window
Open in new window
Open in new window
Open in new window

Posted on: 2012/7/18 19:45
Topic | Forum

Re: New to Online Play
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Umm the newest version, if I'm not mistaken is called Exiles. Check their HOMEPAGE to be sure

Posted on: 2012/7/17 5:52
Topic | Forum

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Ok thanks for the useful feedback I do appreciate it. Special thanks to F!R that tool is very helpful in letting me see where I was going wrong with transporting the mod out of my test folders. I should have a better condensed version in a couple days.

@J. Walker: Ty I am aware of how Disco's mod installs and I hope to do something similar in the near future, but as I've never created an installer of any sort some research will be required before that comes to be.

@sumanuti: Many things are still locked in my mod due to a glitch with the model for the core of the story line I'm following (it hadn't arrived) I left several weapons and ships on the shelf and a few of the core pieces were left hidden in there. I hope to have it and the new systems released as soon as my other technical difficulties have been fixed.

@FF I'm well aware of that but as I said above I hope to have it fixed in the next few days here

Posted on: 2012/7/17 5:45
Topic | Forum

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Ok sorry was AFK all weekend or I would have responded sooner.

@Dromdary I thought all backup files had been removed but obviously either I missed them or FLMM recreated them at some point. I'll go back into it and find the rest. On the subject of screenshots I already said I'd post some ASAP but frankly I'm one SINGLE FATHER with 2 full time jobs that does this as a hobby so if it takes me time to do something so be it, my help although very competent is just as much limited in their free time.

@Alex I'll look again but I'm not sure how much I can actually shrink it. I would rather NOT use FLMM or it's script abilities for several reasons not the least of which is the afore mentioned backup files. I will however be look at alternatives such using an installer to shrink the d/l size, or making some of the gfx stuff optional. Not all of it is optional due to new stuff being added as I expand the universe.

@ anyone who wants to argue in this thread or take negative tones. I won't beg you to play and to quote my self " I DON'T CARE IF YOU PLAY" I do this for fun and to learn. If you don't like what I do or how I do it go play in another thread. If the behavior continues I'll ask for thread deletion and continue as I originally planned, to have a private mod and invite only server. I really could care less. THE ONLY REASON I PUT THIS UP HERE WAS BECAUSE OF THE HELP CERTAIN MEMBERS OF THIS COMMUNITY HAVE GIVEN ME.

Posted on: 2012/7/16 4:45
Topic | Forum

Re: Serverside or Clientside?
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

throcken wrote:
Why would anyone in their right mind program a game that way?

Microsoft?

Posted on: 2012/7/13 2:35
Topic | Forum

Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Quote:

Dromedary wrote:
It's a bit porky, 800+mb, does not equal a few tweaks. Without screen shots or videos, won't touch it

Fair enough Dromedary, and Screenshots will be coming shortly. But since almost every Gfx (the largest part of the game) has been updated guess what it's big, add in the fact that there are tweaks to almost every other file in preparation for future additions.

Edit: Also to everyone else, as I said in another thread, I don't care if anyone else ever plays on my server/mod, I'm building this cause I want to and because I enjoy it. Those that do come play will always be most welcome and valued but the rest can go play elsewhere

Posted on: 2012/7/13 1:24
Topic | Forum

Lancerquest: Requiem Server and mod now running
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
The initial drop of the Requiem mod is now live and available for download. You can get it HERE .

The Server has been moved to a dedicated box along with the player files from the old server (so if you played on the vanilla server you can jump right in. The initial mod sees many graphics and gameplay tweaks to bring the graphics closer to modern standards and add a few new abilities. I originally intended to make the gfx updates optional but due to future planning for the mod it was decided to make them mandatory since players that can't handle those may have alot of difficulty handling some of the future developments.

The next update (delivered automatically) will see the first wave of larger transports including such favorites as the Armored Transport. The cap on these will be between 1000-1500 cargo space. They will in some cases carry extra weapon/equipment slots for customization into Combat Freighters. More details on those as they get setup.

Posted on: 2012/7/12 6:34
Topic | Forum

Re: Help me with FLHook please.
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
By your wording your trying to set yourself as an admin, from in-game right? If that's so then here's the easy (and afaik only) way to do it: start the game join server etc. Then alt-tab out (or play windowed) then in the FLHook console type the setadmin.... command. FLHook won't let anyone with out admin permissions access admin commands and may return that error

Posted on: 2012/7/12 1:55
Topic | Forum

Re: Colony Ship Up for Grabs
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Thanks Skotty that was fast. I'll let you know how it works as soon as I get to it . I'm just polishing up the final details for my initial release so might take a couple days before I open it up

Posted on: 2012/7/12 1:49
Topic | Forum

Re: Colony Ship Up for Grabs
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
Interest? I think I have a definite interest. I totally suck at modelling lol

Posted on: 2012/7/11 4:05
Topic | Forum

Top Top
(1) 2 3 4 5 »

[Advanced Search]