Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
49 user(s) are online (28 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 49

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +10€

Current balance: -300€
(last updated 11/2017)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 60 users playing Freelancer on 34 servers.
November. 21, 2017

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

« 1 2 (3)

Re: Freelancer soundtrack remaster.
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I've found the way, I just equalize before 10kHz and after it's flat. For example I boost 10 kHz for about 6 dB then higher frequency have the same boost. I'm doing a sort of shelving filter with a corner frequency of 10k and not a peaking filter with a center frequency at 20k. We have no clue of what it should be after 10k, so I let them with the same slope but I have boosted them and the sound is not too harsh to hear, the result is nice, despite it's not as fantastic as my first days on this remaster, no more thrills now.

PS : Omicron musics get severely hurt by the mastering, and now, it's really clear after my remaster.

Posted on: 8/16 20:17
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
When you guys come up with a finished touched up remaster, that is complete. I will put them into a patch. That is if you want.

Since I'm putting together one complete patch to fix the common problems folk have running the game to bring the source up to date, instead of bits scattered around the web.

It'll have a complete launcher with auto-update capability for the main source data files and for mods.

It'll be put into a git source on a repo for everyone to have a go at forking. Every pull request to update the source will go through voting process until there is a majority, only then will it be accepted into the source.

So basically everyone will get their chance to put their mark into Freelancer.

Posted on: 8/16 20:46
Not too shy to talk
Group:
Registered Users
But personally, I like Schmackbolzens versions. The ones from #24 really highlight some underscores I hadn't really noticed before because of the quality I've heard them at.

For instance in the Kusari one there's some sounds I hadn't realised were there because they were very clean and the sounds were highlighted more if that makes sense.

That's what I want to see (or rather hear) from this.

Not that I'm saying what you are doing is bad my friend.

Posted on: 8/16 20:52
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I'm creating a 2nd redo, here it's better because I take in count every aspect of the spectrum, I check everything. I will post some samples tomorrow but first, I have to check if the CD soundtrack is better than the current material. I think you will prefer this remaster than the last one I did, it give me the impression that I'm in front of an orchestra without any speakers, it's very spacious and real.

Posted on: 8/16 22:38
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members

Posted on: 8/16 23:12
Just can't stay away
From France
Group:
Registered Users
$$$ Supporters $$$
Senior Members
I put another file.

IW Battle

It's between Schmack remaster and mine. Mine was quite weird to hear because that didn't fit to the global ambiance of the track but here it fits more to the general ambiance without sacrificing some punch and clarity.

@ Schmack : Many thanks to you for your criticism that allowed me to push this remaster so high. Now I'm satisfied because you showed me a way to recreate the ambiance and also avoid background noise. I just combined our 2 works to give something better. I would like to know what you think about that.

Posted on: 8/17 11:08
« 1 2 (3)