Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
59 user(s) are online (26 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 59

more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +10€

Current balance: -300€
(last updated 11/2017)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 58 users playing Freelancer on 33 servers.
November. 23, 2017

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

« 1 (2)

Re: Anyone done a Vanilla Refresh?
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Trusted Speciality Developers
Senior Members
Actually Freelancer does not use so many different textures. For stations there are a lot being reused. It is still some work though. Without the ships there are around 150 different textures, but for the stations if you change about 25 you already have changed the look of most of them. The question is, whether this will be enough to make it look good or if it is better to create new ones and don't reuse so many.

When you have had the time to rework some more I would gladly test them, as I find it difficult to judge from outside of the game.

Posted on: 2016/10/5 15:44

Group:
Registered Users
I'll get as many as possible done, but it will mean having to re-do the UVW mapping on all related models, otherwise it'll likely not look too good.

I'm hopping between working on a welding and milling project and working on the computer so I wouldn't expect instant results, but I'll get there eventually.

Posted on: 2016/10/5 15:56
Home away from home
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Trusted Speciality Developers
Senior Members
Take your time. I think I won't be releasing anything this year, as it also is just a hobby of mine. And I'd rather have good quality results than a rushed release. Even if you manage to rework a part of them maybe it will motivate others to continue. I am already glad that at least someone tries it and am very curious about the results.

Posted on: 2016/10/5 16:43

Group:
Registered Users
Ok so, this is my refreshed example of the model Schmackbolzen provided. It's very similar to the original in shape and in scale, but has additional features over the original but remains an acceptable and believable replacement for Freelancer.

Open in new window

Ideally, what I would like to see, is each and every 3d model in Freelancer remade, uploaded, checked for errors and then archived. That part, I might be quite helpful at.

Meanwhile, It would also be nice to see each and every texture from the game uploaded, remade for a resolution twice that of the original and then archived.

Having the assets means the possibility of a shiny new version of Freelancer and subsequent mod's for it will too become viable. It will require additional work in Model Skinning and game integration but having the resources would be a great start.

Posted on: 2016/10/6 19:33

Group:
Registered Users
Here is the link to the model if anyone wants to look at it, will need winrar or similar to extract.

http://www.filedropper.com/station1a

Posted on: 2016/10/6 19:55
« 1 (2)