Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -50€
Income (ads): +20€
Donations (last month): +0€

Current balance: -100€
(last updated 08/2014)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Poll
Would you be interested in Star Citizen modding?
Yes. 79% (233)
No, not interested in SC mods/modding. 7% (21)
No, not interested in SC in general. 13% (38)
Total Votes: 292
5 Comments
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Twitter
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
28 user(s) are online (14 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 0
Guests: 28

more...
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 55 users playing Freelancer on 58 servers.
August. 29, 2014

Browsing this Thread:   1 Anonymous Users

Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic  Register To Post

Flight control

Group:
Registered Users
Has anyone tried to create a mod that adds joystick support? I like the mouse control, it's not bad, but I find that there are times when I would like to bank and roll during battle.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 13:36
Re: Flight control
Just can't stay away
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
Actually, there are some mods that let you add controls for "Roll Left" and "Roll Right".

On the other hand, I've heard there are some programs that can use a joystick instead of a keyboard, but this would still only let you do the same moves as you could on a regular keyboard.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 13:46
Home away from home
From Xarania
Group:
Registered Users
Senior Members
it all depends on your joystick really.. and what software that comes or can be dll'd for it.. keep in mind most controls for Freelancer are still digital.. ie: on/off.. 0/1 with no analogue params..

If you find a progy for you joy/flight stick grab the jflp as well (for stock game.. not someones mod) as it handles the roll engagement niceley inside cockpit & out.

Posted on: 2010/1/20 18:37
Open in new window
http://freexlr.forumotion.net - FL-XLR MOD http://www.smfweb.com/forums/MERCHQ - [MERC]

Group:
Registered Users
Thanks guys, i appreciate your input. I was watching the trailer for XLR mod and it looks like there are some modified flight controls in that one. I loaded up 88flack some time back and unloaded it almost immediately because i didn't like the modified flight controls.

I may need to test a few more and see what i like best. Then see what they did. Maybe I can create a mod specifically for modified flight controls.

On a side note, seems like there are quite a few readers and not many that comment. Not much to add I guess.

Posted on: 2010/1/21 18:04
Just can't stay away
From Maine, USA
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
There was a topic about this on the Flak forums with a few Joystick-mapping programs listed that you might want to try out; apparently, some folks had reasonable success with these. Aside from using Joystick-mapping programs however, there's no hack or mod for Freelancer I know of that adds native joystick support.

Also, out of curiosity, what do you mean by "modified flight controls?" Adding extra keys like strafe up/down?

Posted on: 2010/1/22 15:59
88 Flak for Freelancer
1.27 Betas | Wiki | Forums

Group:
Registered Users
thanks Fox. I'll go check out the flak forum for more info on using a joystick with FL.

I particularly am looking for the ability to roll. It seemed to me when I loaded up the flak mod the mouse control became crazy sensitive and everything moved at an accelerated speed. I could be wrong. It was three or four months ago when I tried it out.

Posted on: 2010/1/22 19:57

Group:
Registered Users
I went an d checked out the threads on flak. I also downloaded the two utilities and thought I might give them a whirl. Now I just need to pull out that old FlightStick from storage and do some experiments.

Posted on: 2010/1/22 20:33