Freelancer Community Network
Reminder: Internet Explorer 6 or below are NOT supported.
HomeHome
ForumForum
WikiWiki
DownloadsDownloads
ForgeForge
Multiplayer Connection Tutorial
Collapse/Expand Random Image
Collapse/Expand Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!
Collapse/Expand Chat
Collapse/Expand Who's Online
34 user(s) are online (24 user(s) are browsing Forum)

Members: 1
Guests: 33

DeathKiller, more...
Collapse/Expand Donations
Monthly costs: -30€
Income (ads): +5€
Donations (last month): +30€

Current balance: -190€
(last updated 04/2017)

Please make a donation if you want to help keeping The-Starport online:

Bitcoin address:
Thanks!
Collapse/Expand Links
Collapse/Expand Advertisement
There are currently 33 users playing Freelancer on 32 servers.
October. 19, 2017
The Starport Forum Index > All Posts (Schmackbolzen)

Bottom Bottom   Previous Topic   Next Topic

(1) 2 3 4 ... 31 »

Re: Loadouts not working on bases in Random Missions
Just can't stay away
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Trusted Speciality Developers
Senior Members
I have only checked base spawning via FLHook and there even effects worked. So I assumed it was fixed in missions aswell, but I might have been wrong about that. Maybe someone can have a look?

Posted on: 10/17 23:45
Topic | Forum

Re: Loadouts not working on bases in Random Missions
Just can't stay away
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
This has been fixed with the latest FLHook release afaik. At least in the SVN version.

Posted on: 10/15 20:54
Topic | Forum

Re: OpenGL Rendering
Just can't stay away
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
@eigos: They just lie in a folder and if the texture from a mat file is being loaded has a file with the same filename in it (e.g. "STADTL1_256.tga.dds" ) this one is loaded. Same applies to normal and ambient occlusion maps plus any future maps I might add (each have an own folder). I don't know which material is being used, yet.

Actually I am quite surprised how well it looks now. Had some small ideas and the combination of them plus some rendering fixes really work well. E.g. I was not expecting how well it works here (apart from the rocks): http://www.flnu.net/downloads/fl1510.png

Today I finally was able to fix the fake lights in nebulas (fog did not work), so here is a video: http://www.flnu.net/downloads/fl1510neb.mp4

There is still some work left, but we are getting closer

Posted on: 10/15 17:30
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Alright, I managed to fix lots of rendering issues and also completely changed the pipeline for upscaling the textures. Additionally I redid some of the height maps. You can see a video here: http://www.flnu.net/downloads/fl1410.mp4 I think it never did look that good before.
Btw. sorry for the stuttering. I was testing OBS studio with HEVC hardware encoding and there seem to be some issues, since I did not see them in the game.

For those of you who wanted to see metal - Trent and his friends plus the interiors: http://www.flnu.net/downloads/fl1410int.mp4
Keep in mind that the textures are the unchanged vanilla ones.

Also Freestalker and I have been testing how to make new textures: http://www.flnu.net/downloads/flnewtex.png
But we are not finished, yet.

As always, feedback is welcome It helps me to judge whether I am doing the right things...

Posted on: 10/14 19:13
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
I had to learn for another exam more than I thought (was for my minor in microelectronics) and after that I took a break. Freestalker has started to help me out with height maps, so I hope this will save me some time. I will get back working on this in the next week I guess. As always I have gotten some new ideas and perspective after taking a break, so I hope this will help me improving it further and find the last remaining bugs

Posted on: 10/5 13:52
Topic | Forum

Re: Windows 7 64-bit Freeze/Hang
Just can't stay away
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Could be a failing graphics chip or something else of your hardware. If you have nothing else changed it might be it. Also check your temperatures, if they get to hot this might also be it.

Posted on: 8/14 20:46
Topic | Forum

Re: Freelancer soundtrack remaster.
Just can't stay away
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
I know that the trebles are not that powerful, because I did not like the sound of it when I increased them too much. So there is only minimal gain in all the tracks I processed. Maybe it is a matter of taste or you find a way to make it not sound so bad
I am curious with what solution you'll come up with and how it will sound in the end, that is for sure!

Posted on: 8/13 22:09
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
@Freestalker: Don't worry, I won't take it personal and as I already stated I appreciate your enthusiasm Also having my own projects I understand how you feel about this.
I just wanted to give some constructive criticism and thought the best way to do that is to let you listen to how I think it should sound. Also I have never done this before, so it was quite fun and a nice diversion But don't be surprised: Audio processing is very similar to image processing, so I have all the theoretical background which is needed, plus my minor is analog and digital electronics, that also helps a lot

@Bolte: Glad you like them! Here is another one, but I don't think I will do more as it is rather tedious (also this one has really strange original mixing, which made it more difficult): Link . Maybe if I get specific requests and if I also like the track I will give it another try.

In general I listen to a track the next day before I decide whether it is good enough, since I found, like with most of your own stuff, it helps to get some distance to it and evaluate it with a fresh mindset. This is how I usually get the best results.

Posted on: 8/13 10:36
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
I wasn't quite satisfied with the sound, so here is my take on it: Link

I used my hearing to correct the bass, mid-tones and trebles for each file individually. My goal was to get a rather clean sound. I realize this is a matter of opinion

Also I only have a Sennheiser PC161 headset, but I used my X-FI Titanium HD in audio creation mode with bit-matched playback and ASIO driver for listening to get as close to the original sound as I could.

This is a rather slow process but if you guys like it I can do more. Maybe it at least inspires you

Posted on: 8/11 22:08
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
In my case I currently don't have much time plus want to give you a proper opinion. So it will take a few days to listen to it. Also many people don't have that well trained ears. I can tell you whether a music file was lossy compressed and usually also which compression was chosen (if it is one of the common used ones), but most people will not hear a difference.

Currently I am not decided, because you seem to be in between the mp3 compressed files and the cd sound track. Will take some time to decide.

Posted on: 8/10 13:36
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
I have taken some time to listen and compare both and believe in the original version the filtering is intended to create a certain atmosphere. If you listen to the different regions, there is quite a difference how it sounds. So I personally find your remaster worse, because e.g. for Bretonia it doesn't sound as grim anymore.

If I am right that doesn't mean the whole idea is bad, but maybe we need a different approach. I also really appreciate your enthusiasm, so don't get me wrong

Also maybe you can explain what exactly you are doing. For a remaster I would have assumed that you need all the channels for each instrument to adapt the mixing. Since you don't have that it is probably much harder to get good results, right?

Posted on: 8/6 9:30
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Thanks guys for the kind words! This really helps to stay motivated

The interiors look a little bit better (because of the improved lighting etc), but I have not yet processed any of the textures (I wrote some posts back what I do with them). Also, since there is no material system yet and I treat everything as metal, all the characters look like they are made of metal (which gave me quite a laugh in the beginning ). This is the reason why I didn't show any pictures yet, it's just not worth it at the moment.

Posted on: 7/25 10:51
Topic | Forum

Re: What is meant by MGS in FLSpew
Just can't stay away
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
It just looks more like a subcategory (namespace or class). But it's just a guess anyway.

Posted on: 7/25 10:03
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
This already was in the first link from Freestalker.fr and I think it does not make much sense.

Posted on: 7/24 17:39
Topic | Forum

Just can't stay away
From Germany
Group:
Registered Users
FLServer Admins
Senior Members
Since it looks like it was chosen by the developers it could be something simple like "Main Graphics System", but this is just a guess.

Posted on: 7/20 9:48
Topic | Forum

Top Top
(1) 2 3 4 ... 31 »

[Advanced Search]